Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18 - 2 weeks old

I never would have imagined missing being pregnant, but surprisingly enough I sometimes miss that baby kicking inside my tummy. Although nothing beats holding her in my arms and being able to kiss those little cheeks!







The past ten months flew by, from the moment we found out we were expecting to the day our baby girl was born. And now it has been two weeks since her debut. Time really needs to slow down. I am already 1/4 of the way thru my maternity leave...

Brooke had a very busy day on Sunday. First, Grumpy stopped by, followed by a visit from Mamaw, Papaw, cousins Alex and Cameron. They brought kolaches from our favorite place in Deer Park, chicken & dumplings, lasagna and a gift from Kathy's friend (more clothes). Later Mallory came over for Brooke's newborn photos, as well as a visit from Michael's cousin, Philip and his wife, Carrie. It was not very good timing for us, but they didn't mind. Carrie is almost 3 months pregnant and so excited to see "behind the scenes". Here are a few pictures from the photo shoot. We are so happy with how they turned out; thank you to our personal photographer, Mallory!






I am such a proud mommy. Just look at that little angel. I could just eat her up! 

On another note, she is not on a schedule yet, as much as her parents have tried. She eats about 3 ounces every 3 hours, but sometimes little miss has her own agenda and decides that she is hungry after only an hour of feeding. Her doctor confirmed that this is all normal for our growing girl. So mommy is trying to get used to being tired all the time and tries to get a nap in between cleaning bottles and changing diapers. Daddy has been super helpful when he gets home from work. He fixes us dinner and is able to help feed Brooke (after I pump), which gives mommy a little break. He also gets up during the night to help with one of her feedings. Mommy really appreciates that!!!

At today's doctor's appointment, our baby girl measured 21 inches and 8 pounds, 13 ounces. She's gained a whole pound since her last appointment, which means she's up about 9 ounces from her birth weight. Doctor is very proud of her! After her checkup, she had to go to the lab to have her little foot pricked. As if that wasn't bad enough, they had to prick her heel twice, since the blood wasn't flowing good the first time. Brooke was screaming at the top of her lungs and mommy was on the verge of tears, but it was only a matter of minutes until it was over. 



Tomorrow I go to see my doctor to see how I am doing post c-section. I am definitely moving around much better than I was last week, but still not 100%. I know it takes time, and I am trying to take it easy, as much as a new mommy can. 

Our little family is enjoying our time together and learning new things about each other everyday. We appreciate the continued love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment