Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2 - "No labor" Labor Day

Well, some of the family had their bets placed on today for Brooke's birthday...and they were wrong. Our little girl is just taking her sweet time. However, it may come as a surprise to her that in just a couple of days she is getting evicted! She is getting too big and her parents are ready for her to be here!

Today Michael and I started the day with donuts and kolaches. Then Jen came over to see my new car and take me to get a manicure. What a great sister - I've gotten my nails done the past two weekends so they would look pretty in pictures at the hospital but the baby hasn't come yet. So she said this week was her treat! After nails, we went to Katy Mills Mall to buy her one last outfit before her arrival (9 month dress; no longer buying 3 or 6 months clothes). We came back home and Jen pulled out a box and said she had a gift for me...not Brooke. It was a heart pendant from James Avery - the Mother's Love symbol. I have the ring, as it was a gift from my mother years ago. Now I am receiving the Mother's Love necklace for me being a mother, not a daughter! 

Being a mother means you worry, give, teach, nurture and more than you ever thought possible. It also means that your life is rich beyond measure. Through all the trials and tribulations of growing up, somehow children manage to reach adulthood. Children move in and out of your life so quickly, it seems, but one place they stay forever is in your heart.




Speaking of mothers, my friend Tasha's son Riley is now 4 months old. I cannot believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was visiting her in the hospital after his birth. They came over to spend a couple hours at the pool with me. Riley loved the water! He such a good boy, chubby as can be and I love him to death! 

After the pool, Michael and I got ready and headed to my parents' house for barbecue. Bill & Milly, Pa & Ga and Jen & Mike were also going to be there. Milly and Bill had a little present for us! She gave us some swaddles blankets, burpy bib, bunny rattle and a monthly calendar for your new baby. They are so sweet and the best Godparents anyone could ask for. Brooke is blessed to have them in her life as well. Everyone is so excited to meet Brooke on Wednesday, especially her parents!

Michael and I watched a movie before going to bed. It was a busy, yet relaxing Labor Day...with no labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment