Saturday, February 15, 2014

My sweet life

What used to be a week (or sometimes month) long celebration was barely a thought in mind. Last year I celebrated my birthday by going shopping for PB, as we had just found out about our pregnancy a few weeks prior. This year was not much different. Brooke is my world. I could barely even think of anything I wanted for myself. I asked for a few items for the house, and was more than happy to get that and more! I have converted to a less materialistic type person with the birth of my baby girl…or maybe my needs and wants have just changed more with age.

Michael and I went out to dinner the week before, to avoid the Valentine's Day crowd. Yup, we are that old and lame. My parents watched Brooke and we were on the road to dinner about 6, no reservations either. We ended up at Brenner's Steak House, a first for both of us. We got the last table in the corner by the bar..and it was perfect. We both had lamb, 2 drinks and dessert! Wow. It was such a nice date with my love, to celebrate my birthday and us! It is not often that we get out anymore, but when we do, we do it right. We left semi-miserable after a 3-course meal, but we were home in bed by 9. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.





Thursday my coworkers surprised me with chocolate chip cookie cake (yum!). 



Friday night, my actual birthday, my parents had us over for dinner…and my birthday peanut butter pie (my mom knows the way to my heart…and never fails to make it every year for me!). My hair was in a ponytail and I had on no makeup – it was perfect. 



We had a few family and friends over the next day to enjoy some cake (as if we hadn't had enough already!)...



It was a nice and simple celebration. Brooke met my friend Chelsea’s youngest son, Parker who is one month younger. They hit it off right away, and had a great photo shoot!


All in all, my birthday celebrations have surely changed, but one thing is for certain, family is the greatest gift of all. Spending some quality time with loved ones and having my little sweetheart in my life is all a girl can ask for!




My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment