Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

I can't believe it was just 9 months ago that Michael became a father, but from the moment he found out he was going to be a dad something changed. I have watched him grow into the most loving and nurturing person to our sweet pea. It truly melts my heart watching the two of them together. 

Daddy's first official Father's Day was a weekend full of fun. Saturday, Mamaw and Papaw came over for a Mexican fiesta, my parents joined too. You would think we were feeding an army, not 6 people. Sausage queso, guacamole, pork and chicken tamales, beef and chicken fajitas, sauteed peppers and onions, Mexican rice, beans and chocolate cake in a jar for dessert. Everything was delicious! 

Brooke, of course, was the center of attention. It was great being together with both of our parents and our daughter!



Sunday, we had a relaxing morning at home. Brooke gave her Daddy a custom frame filled with pictures of her D-A-D photo shoot. It was so cute, I decided I had to give myself a belated Mother's Day gift! I am grateful for the adorable model in the pictures, she makes my job easy. Clearly, I gave myself too many options and had the hardest time trying to decide on which pictures to put in the frames. And while she may get her baby blues from her daddy, I would have to say she gets her facial expressions from her momma!

  





We enjoyed dinner with the Bayer side of the family and were in bed early. Great weekend celebrating the dads in our lives, especially to my father, the first man I ever loved. And Michael, for being the best daddy to our little girl!

Father's Day 2013 (7 months pregnant)



No comments:

Post a Comment