Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mommy & Daddy's Weekend Away

I must have taken about 100 photos of Brooke before leaving town last Friday...

   

   


   

   

Michael and I attended a friend's wedding in Galveston last Saturday and decided to make a weekend out of it. It was our first time away from Brooke; let me rephrase - it was the first time for mommy to go an entire day without seeing her baby! Michael traveled for work and while it was not easy, he had done it before. I, on the other hand, have never been away from Brooke for more than a day's work or for a night's sleep (like when we moved in December). 

Grammy and Grumpy watched her at our house, and I knew she would be fine, as they watch her during the week when Michael and I work. It was me I was worried about... However, I did better than I thought. I called when we arrived to the hotel and watched her on my phone after she went to bed (through her monitor internet). I watched from 7:30 - 8 am both mornings and saw Grammy and Grumpy get her up. She was so happy to see them! I may have teared up when I heard another baby cry at dinner and when saw a little girl Brooke's size at the wedding. Michael and I had a great time though; it was just what we needed. Honestly, we ate and slept 90% of the weekend. We slept in past 7 am and even took a couple naps. I wanted to be more active (maybe even get my toes in the sand), but especially with the rainy weather on Saturday morning and the opportunity to sleep in a comfy, cold hotel room, we couldn't resist! We ate at 2 of our favorite restaurants and even danced the night away at B. Jiggers after the wedding. 

Greek Lollipops at Cajun Greek


McIllhenny-Jones Wedding at Hotel Galvez
Photo prop fun with the bestie

Brooke had a fun weekend with her grandparents, got to see her great-grandparents Pa & Ga, and even went to Carters (like her closet isn't full enough)! All in all, it was a great weekend for everyone. However, nothing beats coming home to our doll baby!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment