Monday, October 14, 2013

October 15 - Worried well

So this mama was worried about little one having thrush. I have an infection from feeding and was concerned I past it on to her. She had some white on her tongue and a diaper rash. We went to the pediatrician and come to find out Brooke does not have it. Whew!! So the doctor tells me that when you go to the doctor and "nothing" is wrong, they call it "worried well". The way I see it, with a 6 week old baby, better safe than sorry right?! Nonetheless, she does have a diaper rash and we are coating Boudreaux's Buttpaste on there with every diaper change. It seems to be helping already. As for mommy, I got an anti-fungal prescription to clear up my infection, and it's fine to still feed her in the mean time. 

While at the doctor, Brooke got weighed. She is now 12 pounds, 6 ounces. Doctor says she is a healthy growing baby. We are so proud of her!



She is making lots of noises these days too, especially grunting in her sleep. It makes it very hard for me to sleep, but I know it's just her little body developing. She loves her bouncer and play mat. We spend a couple hours every morning playing and reading. She is so much more alert now. Slowly but surely I think she is realizing the difference between day and night too. Michael and I both, on different occasions, have heard a laugh from our sweet girl. It's the cutest sound ever, and I can't wait to hear more of it. 



Yesterday she was waking up from a nap and when I went to pick her up out of her swing, she stopped fussing and just stared at me. Then she had the biggest grin on her face. We just looked at each other smiling! It's those moments that just melt my heart and make everything worthwhile. She is our gift from God, and we love her more than anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment