Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4 - 1 month old





I just can't believe a month has already gone by. I am sure it is getting repetitive to hear, but time really does fly by. The days go by so fast. I try and take in every moment with her, because before I know it one month is going to be one year and then two years...and so on! She has already changed so much in the past month. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.

She is awake more often and eating more too. She is not on a set schedule but she eats about every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night. I get up about 3 times to feed her and she usually goes right back to sleep. She is doing great in her sleeper. If she starts to fuss a little, I can usually get her back to sleep by reaching over and rocking her for a couple minutes. It also vibrates, and she loves that!



Her one month appointment was on October 7 and she weighed in at 11 pounds, 2.3 ounces and 22 inches. Doctor said she was doing great! She got her Hep B shot (the first part was after her birth at the hospital). She cried, just as she should, but stopped shortly after mommy picked her up and hugged her. Grammy, on the other hand, did not do as well. She did not like seeing her grandbaby cry!




One month until I return to work. Brooke has her two month check up on November 4, and I will go back on November 5. She will be getting multiple shots, and I will spend the rest of the afternoon consoling her! Halfway thru my maternity leave, not sure how I feel about that! I am loving every minute our precious baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment