Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11 - 13 Weeks

So I know I have been slacking with the blog lately, but I haven't forgot about it. I had big events on Thursday and Friday last week, so I was swamped with work stuff. Friday I was done about 2 and went straight to my parents' house. I had a late lunch and kicked my feet up to relax. Then we had potato soup for dinner (specially requested by me; made by mom) and I fell asleep on the couch. Michael woke me up and told me to go to my old bed...we were going to stay the night! He went to his old room and we both got a good night sleep.

For some reason after I got dressed Saturday, I felt "more pregnant" than ever before. I don't know if it was the dress I put on (which in not maternity wear) or if I ate a lot on Friday...or if my tummy finally "popped" but I just felt like I had a bump. Michael and my parents all agreed that it was noticeably different than Friday. Weird... After homemade blueberry pancakes, my mom and I ran errands together and had a lot of fun. Our announcements came in the mail, so mom helped me get those ready to send out. Dad was sure to get them to the post office by 4 pm, so they would be delivered on Monday. I don't think that they'll make it to Alaska as quick as say The Woodlands, but eventually it will get to all the family and some close friends!! Yay. :)

I still don't think I'm craving anything "weird", but have noticed myself snacking on trail mix quite a bit. I had Michael buy raisins and m&ms to go with the peanuts that were in the pantry. I filled up a gallon size bag with it and I have a stash at work as well! I have not noticed a consistency of foods that make me nauseous, but it's not often, so I think I'm pretty lucky. I still have bad headaches, but they come and go - not the end of the world! Tylenol is not the greatest, but my OB allows it and it helps some. My pants are getting snug and it's getting more uncomfortable to wear jeans. :(

As of Saturday, we are now 13 weeks. Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head -- which makes up just a third of the body size now. If we're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Our baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. As I start the second trimester, most of our baby's critical development will be completed and our odds of miscarriage drop considerably. :)


Fingerprints are new this week, and they're one of a kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment