Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7 - Morning Sickness

Yesterday was our 12 week appointment. We saw our little wiggle warm, heard the heartbeat and confirmed there was only one baby (no twins)!


Coolest ultrasound picture EVER. Our little one is waving to us!
 I thought morning sickness was supposed to subside after the first trimester? I wonder why mine is just starting! This morning PB must have been moving around like crazy. After getting ready, I had to make a run for the bathroom... I have been nauseaous a few times, but this was the first time for me to really get sick!

At the appointment they measured PB and based on his/her size, they estimated the due date would be September 6th! Since my OB was out of the office, they would wait for her to make the final judgement. They said it could be they had the due date wrong from the beginning or maybe they will pick a date in the middle. OR...I'm wondering if it's just a really big baby!? I mean...I weighed in at 9.5 lbs, so it is likely for me to birth a big one! Eek...

Everything else is going well. I gained a total of 3 lbs in the first trimester. Not too bad. The norm is between 1-5, so I'm right in the middle!

The day that started with us hearing our baby's heartbeat ended not as great as it began. We got two bills in the mail for bloodwork, that insurance does not cover...those totalled over $1100! Whew...I had to take some deep breaths. We knew the tests were optional but wanted to do them for the goodness of our 1st born, but I thought they wouldn't be over $200 at most. Well, I now know to check with my insurance before just signing my name!

Nonetheless, we are happy to know that everything is on track at 12 weeks and our little one (or very big one) has a healthy, beating heart and ten little fingers already waving to mommy and daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment