Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31 - Easter

I was in charge of deviled eggs this year, because everyone knows how great they are! :) Well, since we had 20+ people planning on going to my aunt's, I figured we needed quote a few. I got two trays and ended up boiling 22 eggs, which would make 44 deviled eggs! Sheesh...the time and energy it spent to make those, I sure hope people enjoyed them! Me feet were killing me at the end of that process. Although I did discover a neat trick on Pinterest. Pull your eggs out of the fridge and get them to room temperature, then use a push pin (or in my case, a safety pin) and poke a hole in the top of the bottom of the egg. It doesn't crack - don't worry. Then drop eggs into boiling water. It helps make them easier to peel. Here's a link to the whole list of directions for "No Fail Boiled Eggs". You're welcome!

So this was Michael's first year to participate in the Hassig Family Easter egg hunt. He had to pull most of the weight, since I'm growing a baby inside me, I'm unable to run and get aggressive as I used to with the egg hunt. I was confined to the porch and Michael was let out into the yard with Jen and Mike. We did pretty good. All the eggs are filled with change - nickles to quarts. No pennies this year, but also no dollar bills! We put in in the coin jar at home, that's our side savings for PB. :)

I think PB did better this holiday than we did. He/she is already racking in the gifts. Jen and Mike gave us a Babies R Us gift card and a 3-pack of bibs. Mom and Dad gave us "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" book and a personalized baggie that has ducks and says "PB" on the front. It looks like it will be the perfect size for travel wipes.



All of the family was full of sweet words and congratulations for Michael and I! As this was the first time most of them had seen either of us, since the announcement. Sadly, some of them may not see me until Thanksgiving, unless they make it to a shower this summer. Still so crazy to think that this was our last Easter without a child, and that by Thanksgiving and Christmas we will have a little one with us! :)

I have lots of friends and family that have been full of information and support, especially my cousin, Kelly. She has been super helpful! She is full of useful facts, great advice and tips that you don't usually read about - I have her emails archived for later in the pregnancy and after the baby is here so I can revert back to what she said. She has graciously offered us some baby stuff that they never used or no longer need, and we plan to go get that soon. I can't express how much we appreciate all of the valuable advice, kind words, love and prayers that we are receiving from everyone. Keep it coming - we can never have too much, especially the prayers!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment