Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15

I am feeling baby flutters more and more. It's such a cool feeling to know that is your little one inside...and not gas! He/she is getting stronger too. Occasionally I feel it more than others and it starts to scare me when I don't feel the thumps for a long period of time. I guess that's motherly instinct kicking in! Michael thinks it may be a boy in there rough-housing...or it could be a girl practicing her pirouettes and kicks! Daddy says if it's a little girl, she will learn to hunt and fish with him. However, she is going to give dance a try (or two)! Apparently I was in dance as a little girl and didn't like it. Once I got to junior high, I asked my mom why I wasn't in dance and she told me that, but sure enough my interest had changed and for the next decade of my life I was in dance classes!

Most of you know I am counting down the days until we know the gender....11 more to go! I get more and more excited everyday. We went to Costco yesterday and Michael and I strolled through the clothing section. All of the clothes were so stinking cute - boys and girls both! I am worried I'm going to want to buy them all as soon as we leave the doctor's office!

Speaking of, I also cleaned out the hall closet yesterday. It has a small toolbox, vacuum and my bag of gift bags in it - that's all! I cleaned out all of my jackets (thinking the cold weather was gone for the season) and moved them to the back of the bedroom closet. The racks are at max capacity, so I'm not sure when any additional maternity clothes are going to go. However, Michael has one whole side of the closet all to himself! And PB gets the hall closet, which we will add an additional rod to for extra clothes. Because you know any child of mine is going to be well-dressed and accessorized!

We did make a big purchase today - our rocking recliner. We decided a recliner would be more suiting than a glider or rocking chair, because it will go in the living room, until we move out of the one-bedroom apartment. Also it is more appropriate to have around the house before AND after a baby. We will get lots of use out of it and it actually cost us less than the glider/ottoman that I liked at Babies R Us. Daddy brought it up the stairs and set it up all by himself! I love him. Just had to make him promise not to enjoy it too much before the baby comes. I don't want it worn before then, since that is why we bought it in the first place! :)


Our new rocking recliner...instead of a nursery glider. Sooo comfy!!

I think I've been sleeping better at night. It could be the result of a number of things - 2nd trimester, the new ear plugs I'm wearing at night (to block out Daddy's sleeping), or the preggie pillow. The pillow takes up a lot of room in our queen-sized bed, but if it helps Mommy get her beauty sleep, it's worth it! I think Daddy has been sleeping okay, considering the lack of room he gets, because I "hit" him less during the night when I am actually sleeping!

Can you tell which side is mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment