Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23

So I had my third dream last night that our baby is a boy! He was very tan, with blue eyes and brown hair and probably weighed 12 pounds! He was BIG!!! Jen had another dream last night too about the gender reveal. She has had two previous dreams that it was a boy, but last night we revealed it was a girl! She seems to think all of these last minute dreams showing it is a boy will prove to be wrong. Either way, boy or  girl, I just hope they arrive before they weigh 12 pounds! :)

When I was born I had brown eyes, brown hair and tan skin. As I grew older my hair faded into blonde and then back to brown again. Michael had fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. He was considered a "tow-head" for years, as his hair was more white than blonde! So, boy or girl, I cannot wait to see how our child turns out. They will be beautiful...no doubt there!

I received an email yesterday from my good friend Ashley. She is a mother of a soon-to-be 3 year old. It contains a list of 8 products that you think you need, but don't really use! Very interesting article - feel free to check it out!

I have also recently read the Top Ten Best Foods During Pregnancy:
  • Eggs - I have been eating a LOT more since I've been pregnant; we go through 18 packs every 1-2 weeks!
  • Salmon - allergic to seafood :(
  • Beans - I could eat more black beans and chickpeas; the extra fiber could surely help!!
  • Sweet potatoes - unfortunately, I'm not a fan
  • Popcorn and other whole grains - don't care for popcorn, but I enjoy oatmeal, cereal and whole grain bread
  • Walnuts - love nuts in my salad, and they're full of Omega-3s.
  • Greek yogurt - I eat at least 1 Activia yogurt daily...and I'm about to try to the new Activia Greek yogurt! Jamie Lee Curtis swears by it. :)
  • Dark green, leafy vegetables - we have been getting the big things of fresh spinach every 2-3 weeks! Full of vitamins A, C & K!
  • Lean meats - staying away from deli meats and hotdogs, as their packed with sodium and could pass on bacteria; our freezer is stocked with chicken and deer meat!
  • Colorful fruits and veggies - different minerals and vitamins across the spectrum; plus the baby is more likely to recognize and accept those foods later, if they try it first in the womb.
We picked up some Bio-Oil at Costco a couple weeks ago, per the recommendations of two mothers. I have been applying that on my belly, chest, rump, lower back and upper thighs to prevent stretch marks. They say they're mostly genetic, but my mother seems to have repressed most of her pregnancy memories and is not sure if she had them or not.




I have read that I will start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, I may notice some achiness in my lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when shifting positions or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. The ligaments that support my uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight. This is completely normal.

I may also get patches of darkened skin caused by a temporary increase in pigment. When these darker patches appear on your upper lip, cheeks, and forehead, they're called chloasma, or the "mask of pregnancy." You may also notice some darkening of your nipples, freckles, scars, underarms, inner thighs, and vulva. I have noticed a red patch on the bottom of my right foot and just recently some patchiness above my lip...assuming that is all part of this process! There's an Old Wives Tale that says if your skin doesn't change it's a boy, and if it does, you're having a girl....because she is "borrowing your beauty"! Perhaps that is the case...

Lastly, here is a picture of me last night...and my growing belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment