Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 17 - 19 Weeks

Our baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on their scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: PB's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he/she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you....I know Michael may not think that's a good idea (he thinks may singing is...not quite up there with Mariah Carey to say the least).


Last weekend, Mamaw Frances gave us Michael's grandfather's silver baby cup. She was so excited to give that to Michael, as he was very close to his "Caca" before he passed. We have it displayed in the curio cabinet at home. :)




Plans are well underway for the big gender reveal...next Friday! One week from today, we will know if we are having a little man or little miss! Can't hardly wait. I am still undecided if I am going to find out in the room or at the reveal party. Michael looks forward to seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen every chance we get, so he will for sure see it in the room. I do not know if I could stand not seeing the screen. Perhaps I may not know what I am going to do until I am in the room, God will help me decide what I should do. So until then, what do you think...


Boy???

Or girl???


No comments:

Post a Comment