Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16 - Father's Day Weekend

Friday, I worked what will probably be my last event outside during this pregnancy. It was during lunch time at Cullen Park...and it was hot! I sat in my car for about 15 minutes with the A/C running, only an hour after getting there. I emailed my boss at that point letting him know I may not make it until the end of the event. However, after I got under the pavilion and the activities were going, time flew by. I ended up drinking half their water supply and made it until the end of the teambuilding. Although, the further I get in my pregnancy, it is probably safest that I do not facilitate events in the outdoors. I really enjoy my job, and it is going to be hard, but I know it's best for Brooke and I.

After work, Michael and I went to the pool. Our friend, Eric, joined us. After such a long, hot day, I was prepared to stay hydrated!

About 150 ounces of water...and still needed a refill!

Saturday, we ran a few errands - got Father's Day gifts, Michael fixed the A/C in his truck (finally!) and we found a new place for Gyros! Yum. We met my parents for dinner at Lasagna House and had a nice quiet evening at home.

Sunday, I made Michael breakfast tacos and gave him a photobook from Brooke and Mommy. I had some unusual abdominal cramps, in which I had to sit down. However, drinking a couple bottles of water and laying down for about 10-15 minutes, I felt better. Michael made the deer patties and cucumber salad for lunch at my parents and we headed over about noon. Jen and Mike were there, plus Michael's parents, niece and nephew joined shortly after. It was so great to have everyone together, even Grandmere commented on so much family all being in the same place! It was the first time for Jen and Mike to meet Michael's family, and I am glad they were able to be there before going to celebrate with Mike's family. Mom went crazy in the kitchen - spinach artichoke dip, sausage queso, Texas caviar, cheese & crackers, veggie tray, salsa, deviled eggs, corn on the cob, hamburgers, sauteed mushrooms and...strawberry trifle for dessert!!! Everyone ate VERY WELL this Father's Day! We stuck around for a couple hours after lunch, as we were too full to leave...and the company's not too bad either! :)


My Dad - the first man who ever had my heart

Michael - the love of my life and soon-to-be father of our baby girl

Mom brought out a box from her closet, Brooke's "hope chest". She has been collecting items for her and decided to show Michael and I some of her gifts from Grammy. Needless to say, this little girl is super spoiled! We left with about 10 new outfits... She officially has her first 9 month outfit too! Grateful that someone has thought to buy her more than just newborn outfits - her own mommy hadn't even thought of that yet!


We got home later than we expected, but we had a great day with the family and a nice weekend overall. Michael knew I was exhausted and even though it was Father's Day, he spent the last few hours of his weekend doing all the dishes, cleaning up the kitchen and finishing laundry before going to bed. I just love this guy! How did I get so lucky?

Happy (almost) Father's Day to my best friend!
I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment