Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29 - Swaddles & Bottles

This was an eventful weekend, as it has now become the norm. I did some running around on Friday - got some new curtains for our living room, which I'm hoping will help keep it cooler with the rising temperatures. After Michael got home from work, he graciously helped hang them, even after a 10 hour work day! Oh and upon his arrival, we opened our first package for the baby. UPS came before he got home, but I waited for him, as I heard the box "rattle" as I brought it inside. I knew it was for the baby, although Michael thought it may have been something I bought online (and forgot about)!

Thanks to Michael's cousin, Philip, and his wife, Carrie for Brooke's activity gym. She is going to love it!

Our first gift from our baby registry!

We had pizza for dinner and then went to run more errands to get ready for the Diaper Shower. We woke up early Saturday and started to get setup at the pool. Mommy had to stay inside until it was time for the party, as it was too hot outside; Daddy held down the fort until help showed up.


I joined Michael outside, but only sat in the shade for about 5 minutes before the heat hit me. I had to go in the A/C for a few minutes to get it together, then immediately got in the pool, where it felt ever-so-much better!



Family and friends were there to celebrate with us. We had plenty of food - burgers, sausage/cheese dip, avocado ranch dip, spinach artichoke dip, "trash can potatoes" (a la Eric), fruit and more! My friend, Tasha, made a diaper cake and it was a beautiful and unexpected surprise. I love it!




Everyone else showered us with diapers and wipes, as well. This will definitely help our bank accounts as we go through 10+ diapers per day with our little one.




Aunt Jen and Uncle Mike also gave us some monogrammed bloomers and a wipe clutch. So cute!!!




Some of the other guests attempted to drink beer out of baby bottles....




And mommy stuck to her unlimited water supply...


I would say we keep Bubba in business!

Apparently it was well over 100 degrees on Saturday, and as it felt hot, I had not idea that it was THAT hot! Go figure, the day we plan a pool party. Michael and I managed to keep very well hydrated and did not get sunburned. My frequent trips inside to use the bathroom, along with a seat in the shade, kept this mommy cool and happy! We are so grateful for our family who came (especially Grandmere) and all of our friends who came out - most importantly Eric and Ashley, who helped coordinate the shower! Thank you all. Brooke, Michael and I are so appreciative of the support, love and gifts!

Swaddles & Bottles 6.29.13

No comments:

Post a Comment