Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24

Once again, I find myself saying the weekend was not long enough. Michael had to work all weekend, but the overtime is nice for baby savings! Friday I got off around noon and ran some errands - shopped the VS sale and got a new pair of flat shoes. Then, I headed over to see my grandparents. I ended up staying the rest of the afternoon there and had pizza with them for dinner. I absolutely love spending time with them - we can talk and talk for hours!

Saturday morning my parents came over early and I got kolaches for all of us. Then, they offered to help me with some stuff around the apartment, as it is getting more difficult for me to and again Michael was working. They were super helpful - they helped me clean the place top to bottom! We dropped off their car to get detailed and made a trip to Sam's. We made lunch back at my place and tried to relax, after a day of cleaning! It seemed like Saturday flew by; we got a lot done, but I missed Michael!

Sunday, I went to church and breakfast with my parents, then ran some more errands. My mom came back home with me and we went to the pool for a couple hours before dinner. Pa and Ga came to the apartment for the first time - we had appetizers and then went out to dinner. Nothing beats family time! 

Michael got home later and we both were ready for bed. I know he has been working long hours, but neither one of us are complaining about going to bed early. I just feel that it is never enough sleep! The pregnancy pillow I am using is a life-saver. I imagine I would be even more sleep deprived without it - thank to my cousin Kelly for lending me hers! This is something I would honestly recommend to any pregnant lady - it provides a lot of support for my belly, hips and back!

Along with cleaning, I managed to talk to Michael into doing a little work for me, after his 12 hour day. I can thank Pinterest for these ideas.


Towel rod and shower curtain hooks used to hold necklaces.


Bathroom tiles with pictures and modge-podge.

Oh and last but not least, tried another new ice cream this weekend...another delicious flavor picked out by daddy!!

White cake flavored ice cream with confetti sprinkles and blue frosting ribbon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment