Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3

Friday Michael and I both got off early and we headed to the pool for a little R&R. We ordered pizza, which ended up being not so great. I thought jalapenos and pineapple sounded like a good combination, but Michael was apprehensive about how hot the jalapenos would be. Well, he may have been right...they were so hot, the whole pizza was spicy even after taking them off! Other than that it would have been a good pizza, and nonetheless it was easy prep and cleanup! Shortly after, Michael left for Deer Park. He was going back to his parents' house, so he could leave early in the morning for a day fishing trip with his buddy, Justin. After he left, I got enough energy to do some laundry and cleaning...not completely sure why. I am thinking it was my way of staying busy since he was gone.

Saturday, I slept in and then went shopping - my form of cardio! I got a couple organizers for the closet, so we can fit more in there. Little miss is already taking after mommy - her closet is pretty small though, considering the living situation and current circumstances. After Target, I headed over to "Once Upon a Child", a consignment store for children's items and clothing. Oh my goodness! I was expecting a junky resale shop but when I walked in it was far from that! If you didn't know that it was a consignment shop, you would have no idea. I went straight to the aisle for 0-3 month girls, which was among over 10 aisles of boy and girl clothing ranging from newborn up through... junior high probably! They seem to be very picky on the items they accept, as a lot of the clothes are brand new, tags still attached, and the rest are gently worn. Also all of their onesies are only $1. I got a few items and headed out of there, as I had a shower to attend in one hour and I still had to get ready.

The baby shower was for a good friend of mine from college, Lindsay. She moved to Colorado and the last time I saw her was her wedding two summers ago that Michael and I went to. She is having a little girl, Maryn Olivia Reeves, due on August 28th...just 8 days before our little one is due to arrive. It's so hard to believe that my old neighbor in college and I who would eat salad and hot dogs in between studying and partying are expectant mommies at the same time. The shower was beautiful, as was she, and it was so good to see everyone!



After the shower, I went over to Lisa's house, Mallory's mom, to have some pool time. My friend, Tasha was also their with her month old little boy, Riley. He is even cuter than the last time I saw him, if that's possible. So we spent a couple hours catching up and hearing all about what to expect the first couple weeks! I headed home from there to get comfy and watch some tv.

I started my Sunday doing laundry, since the weather was not accommodating for pool time. My mom came over for lunch and a trip to Once Upon a Child. Grammy just had to check it out! We had planned to go to Pottery Barn Kids too, to see the nursery bedding in person, but after an hour shopping for Brooke, we decided to call it a day.



Just one of Brooke's new outfits...shoes included!
Thanks Grammy!

Daddy was home by this point, so we spent the rest of the evening cleaning up the apartment, cooking, eating and finally relaxing. Michael was going to have to work in San Marcos for the week, so little miss and I are on our own for the week...

Missing Daddy dearly, but have my friend, Ashley coming over for dinner tonight to discuss plans for the Diaper Shower/Pool Party. So excited to get all of that figured out, as it will be our first shower...in less than a month! I have a feeling these next few 3 months are going to blow by. I really wanted to take a babymoon before our baby comes, but our weekends are looking more and more limited. A couple days in Galveston may have to do...unless I can figure out an open slot for something a little (but not much) further, such as San Antonio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment