Thursday, June 27, 2013

June 27 - 30 weeks

Our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (about the size of a large cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will shrink as she gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after birth, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face (normal adult vision is 20/20).



Some hormonal emotions still get the best of me, but mostly when I think about how soon September 5th will be here and the thought of getting to meet our little angel! Not being able to decorate a nursery for our sweet Brooke breaks my heart, but I just have to remind myself that this decision will make things better for us in the long run. So long as a roof is over her head, she will not know if we are in an apartment or house. She will have everything she needs, no doubt about it! 

Halfway into the 7th month, I find myself constantly thinking about her. Everything I do makes me question our baby. I always end up in the baby section of whatever store I'm in - it never fails. I have been trying to resist shopping for her, since I have four showers in the next month. However, I will spend time going up and down every aisle just looking at the little onesies, booties, bibs, blankets, etc. I am overwhelmed with joy as I think of our little Brooke wearing one of those outfits! :)

Browsing the baby aisles and sending pictures to Auntie!

This past week, I have found myself getting more and more tired. We were in bed before 9 everyday this week. I am not sure if it is the blazing Houston heat or the joys of third trimester, but my ankles, legs and fingers are getting swollen very easily. It could also be caused by the large amounts of water I am downing. Tonight I worked an event at TopGolf, a semi-outdoor golfing facility. Let's just say that after an hour of being there, I had drank about 50 ounces of water and a lemonade...and my shoes seemed to be shrinking! I suppose it was the other way around and my feet were swelling, but it surely wasn't comfortable. I got me a snow cone on the way home, laid on the couch with my feet elevated and waited for Michael to get home with dinner!

On one hand, I am over-the-moon excited and absolutely ready to meet our precious baby, but on the other hand I am completely baffled that I am already 30 weeks pregnant and we will be a mommy and daddy to a little girl in about 2 months! Oh my goodness...it feels like yesterday that we found out that we were expecting. How our lives have already changed for the better, I can't even imagine how much greater things are going to get around here when "we" become "three". 

I talk to our sweet girl everyday and pray for her (mommy and daddy, too). I even catch myself turning the music up in the car, so she can listen with me (I'm sure daddy appreciates that, as it probably tunes out mommy's singing)! Her book collection is small right now, but I often read aloud a book or two. I love when I feel her moving about, as I read or talk to her. I think it's her way of telling mommy that she hears me and loves me!


Brooke's book collection so far

My darling Brooke, we can't wait to see you. You are already so loved! This weekend is our Diaper Shower Pool Party and we are so excited to celebrate your expected arrival with friends and family. Rest up sweet pea, Saturday is going to be a long, hot day!

Mommy, 30 weeks pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment