Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 18

Today I got the invitation to my baby shower! How exciting. I already had the date saved and knew my sister sent out the invitation, but I was smiling from ear to ear when I opened my mailbox and saw the card addressed to me. I knew exactly what it was! The hosts of my shower on July 13 are my sister, Jen, my godmother and aunt, Milly, and my cousin, Elyse. I could not be more excited, as they are keeping most of the plans a secret from me. I can't hardly wait to see how everything turns out! The invitations were cute as can be - great job girls! It's already hanging on my fridge...so I don't forget. :)




Actually that won't be our first "shower", as we are having a Diaper Shower/Pool Party on June 29th. "Swaddles & Bottles" is for some of our close friends in honor of Michael being a new Daddy. Unlike the other two showers, this one will involve some adult beverages, grilling burgers and lounging poolside. Michael's old roommate and longtime friend, Eric, and his girlfriend, Ashley, are the ones hosting the party.

We are very blessed to have them in our lives, especially because Eric was the reason that Michael and I met almost 5 years ago. It was after Hurricane Ike in September of 2008 when we both ended up at Eric's house, enjoying his air conditioning and lights, as the electricity was out at both of our homes. We saw each other a few more times while hanging out with the same group of friends, but it wasn't until Halloween that we realized the spark was there. We ended up at the same Halloween Party; Michael was dressed as Captain Morgan and I was a Western Shot Girl.




We exchanged numbers and talked more during the week, as Michael traveled out of town for work. It did not take long for Michael and my friendship to become something more; December 13 marks our anniversary, the date of his company Christmas party. Ever since day one, he has always been very good to me - I suppose that is why I have kept him around so long! Needless to say, we are both very grateful for our friendship with Eric and are so happy that our paths crossed when they did.

Now back to today, June 18 is the 1 year anniversary of me working at Wood Group Mustang! I was not looking for this job when the opportunity arose, but God knew what He was doing. While I miss my friends at my previous job, my career has a much brighter future here. I enjoy coming to work, and I feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. My boss acknowledged my anniversary during our department meeting and presented me with a certificate, and $50 Amazon gift card too! And with that said, I'm off to shop...

1 comment:

  1. I got my invite on Tuesday too! It is so cute, I immediately texted Jen to let her know that I wouldn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete