Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7 - Holiday Weekend

Our 4th of July was very low key this year. Michael and I rested most of the morning, made it to the pool about 2 and ended the evening poolside with a couple friends eating Spring Creek BBQ. Oh...and we were in bed before dark!

Friday, Michael had to work and I did some chores around the house - again lots of reorganizing of things. I am so ready to get stuff situated for the baby, but I know I have to wait until after the showers. It has been a struggle to resist buying things for Brooke, but I think I'm doing fairly well.

Saturday, I was up early and off to the mall. I had a hair appointment and then I met my mom for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. And if you can believe this, no lie, we each had a half a sandwich and no dessert! For me, that's unheard of to skip cheesecake...especially pregnant. However, there just was not enough room for any more food! We stopped in Hallmark to look for the Baby Book I want for Brooke, but they were out of stock. At this point, I was tired and ready to get off my feet. I headed home to get ready for my friend Lauren's baby shower. We went to high school together and she lives in North Carolina. Her baby, Adalynn Grace, is due September 11, about a week after Brooke.

Sunday, Michael and I had our Maternity Tour at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. Although we had been there a couple times already, it was good to hear them explain everything. Michael is a well of knowledge; he was the only one who remembered what floor we were supposed to go to! Thank goodness I have him - we'll make it to where we need to go when it's time! We saw the labor & delivery rooms - they're huge! However, only 4 guests are allowed at one time - which is good, so not to overwhelm mommy! Lots of questions were answered and I'm even more anxious to have Brooke here!

After the tour, we went to La Madeline's for lunch - always amazing! Michael insisted that I spend the rest of the afternoon resting on the couch - our days to this are limited! I laid on the couch for a couple hours, even managed to doze off, but then I was refreshed and had to get moving. I went to look for a maternity dress to wear to my baby shower.

Nothing too exciting this weekend, even though I was off for 4 days. It was a nice break, but as usual the hardest part is going back to a 5-day work week...

No comments:

Post a Comment