Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8 - Another hospital visit...

Bright and early Monday morning, my mom and I headed to the doctor's office for my 31 week appointment. She questioned going, thinking it would be nothing important. I said I would rather not go alone and of course, she had no problem joining me!

I gained 1 more lb since the last appointment, two weeks earlier. Doc says I'm measuring right where I should be - everything looks great! She listened to Brooke's heartbeat...and once again, heard the variations. She requested that I go to the hospital for another non-stress test. So after leaving there, we stopped by to grab a couple kolaches (the usual routine after doctor's visits), especially not knowing how long we would be at the hospital. I had a dress on, so she asked for me to put one of those stylish, one-size-fits-all gowns.



This nurse that was assigned to me was amazing - she was so attentive & knowledgeable, and most importantly didn't make me feel like I was wasting her time! I hope she is there on staff when I'm there in labor. :) Once we were situated, I let Michael know what was going on and he, as usual, kept me very calm about the situation.



We monitored baby for about 30 minutes. She did really good this time! The nurse put an extra strap around the monitor to help hold her in place...or at least try to. Little miss LOVES to move, even the nurse commented on how much she moves around - never giving Mommy a break! My doctor was actually at the hospital delivering a baby, so she stopped her when she was done and got her to okay my discharge. Baby and Mommy were good to go. :)



So glad that Brooke is okay. I think she has Grammy and Grumpy more concerned than me. However, the doctor and nurse have assured me that she is fine. The monitors look good after seeing a good reading of her heart rate. I think the variations that the doctor heard were due to her frequent movements. Nonetheless, she is a-okay! Finally, I was headed back to work to start a busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment