Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17 - Brooke's Godparents

After a lot of prayer and thought, we decided on Brooke's Godparents!

On July 8, Jen came over to help me decide on a dress to wear to the shower. Before she left, we were going to have a snack. I offered her a cupcake and she quickly replied no, thinking I was giving away Michael's dessert! I said okay, and walked around the kitchen counter with the cupcake. She realized it was not Michael's after all, and decided she would have it. She opened the cupcake box and was shocked...




Of course, she said YES!

On July 16, we had plans to meet my parents, Grandmere, Jen and Mike for dinner. We all ordered, enjoyed a delicious dinner, talked about work and just had a good time! After eating, the waiter brought out a cake and put it in front of my Dad. He thought Michael and I just brought dessert for the heck of it. However, once he removed the napkins and knife on top of the box, he read what it said...


And he said YES! (sorry for the blurry picture)

My sister was raised Catholic and I know she will always have Brooke's best interest at heart. My dad converted to Catholicism almost 30 years ago and there's no doubt how much he already loves and praises PB. We are happy that we have found her Godparents, now we just have to wait for her to arrive. Once she's born, we will figure out the date for her Baptism and let everyone know.

And yes, we did ask both Godparents using dessert...you know that was the works of mommy-to-be!!!

Thank you all for the continued prayers for our little family! We are feeling beyond blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment