Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27 - Showering Baby Brooke

Thursday was my work shower...and I was blown away! I was thinking it was going to be a nice lunch with lots of verbal "congrats". I was not expecting everything they did - it was amazing. My pregnant coworker and I showed up together and the room was decorated half pink and half blue (she's expecting a boy). There were heaps of gifts in two corners of the room. We ordered lunch and began opening presents simultaneously. Clothes, baby "survival kit", stork with gift card, feeding essentials, Baby Einstein Activity Jumper and an Exersaucer! Again, I was blown away. After lunch, we had chocolate and vanilla petit fours - yum! Oh...and yes, I tried both. :)They even had 2 dozen white roses for each of us (my favorite flower)! It was unexpected and beautiful, and we are so grateful for my sweet coworkers for everything!


  




Friday, my mom accompanied me to my doctor's appointment. Everything was good - baby is measuring right where she should be, mommy has gained less than 20 pregnancy pounds and after next appointment we will be starting our once-a-week visits. 

Friday night,Michael and I decided to go out to a nice dinner (compliments of his parents - thanks for the gift certificate). We got all dressed up - Michael has been losing weight (working so much), while I had some trouble finding something nice to wear. Nonetheless, we made it to Masraff's for our 8 o'clock reservation; a little later than we are used to eating but the only thing they had available as of Friday afternoon. Talk about foodies - we both had a 3-course meal! Michael had a jumbo lump crab cake, herb roasted rack of lamb with broccolini and a butter roasted pear creme brulee. My meal consisted of wild mushroom ravioli, applewood bacon wrapped charred bison ribeye with a truffle re-stuffed gold potato and a warm double chocolate fondant with vanilla bean ice cream. We left with half of our entrees for Saturday's dinner and went straight home to bed.









Saturday was shower day (my final shower, that is). I was not feeling very well upon waking up - my tummy and back were bothering me. I pulled it together and got ready. My mom and I rode out to Cypress, arriving not on time, but early for once. The food was already prepared and looked amazing - fruit salad, Greek pasta salad, hummus, veggies & dip, Hawaiian roll sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, brownies and cupcakes. There were decorated mason jars for all the guests (to keep as their favor), decorated onesies hanging in the living room, a pendant with Brooke's name and a chandelier, name tags to say how everyone knows me and random games around the room for guests (how many candies in the baby bottle and Price is Right game with baby items). There was also a board filled with pictures of Michael and I both as babies - it was great to see us side by side from babies to young children! We played a couple more games, ate and opened gifts. It was so good to see so many friends and family in the same room - I love all my girls! The hosts did an outstanding job with everything - it was perfect! Thank you Mallory, Ashley, Lisa and Chelsea! Love you all.




We got home with another van full of baby goodies for Brooke! I, of course, had to go through everything again when I got home. Grammy helped me put stuff away and that was the end of another successful shower. Two in one week - that was exhausting at 34 weeks pregnant! Michael and I super grateful for all of our family and friends who have given us gifts, prayers, love and support during the past 8 1/2 months and we cannot wait for the arrival our sweet little girl!

Thank you everyone! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment