Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1 - 35 weeks

This past week, sleep has been extra difficult and my back has been aching even more. Bathroom breaks are still very frequent, heartburn has returned yet again and hunger & fatigue are even worse! Trying to find clothes to fit is getting difficult; even some of my maternity clothes are getting snug. Nesting has also taken over! I found myself on my hands and knees the other night wiping the kitchen floor before bed!!! Who does that, even when they're NOT pregnant? 

We have been going through everything trying to make sure we get any other necessities that we didn't get from showers, which wasn't much thankfully! Michael hung a couple crates on the wall (pinterest idea) by her pack n play, for extra storage. We have batteries in all sizes, to accommodate all the baby gadgets - swing, pack n play, toys, etc (thanks to Grumpy for the battery supply). Last weekend we got Brooke her first chair from Pottery Barn Kids, which mommy was super excited about!





Brooke's new owl hat
(Mommy can't always resist buying things!)

Pink chevron covered letters from Mallory

Today is the first day of my last month of pregnancy (hopefully)! I am so excited that the countdown to Brooke's arrival is getting even closer. I met with two final pediatricians today and I thought the choice was going to be clear to me. However, I loved both doctors today; it is going to be a touch decision. I have to let my OB/GYN know on Monday at my next appointment, so i have a few days to think it over and discuss it with Michael. It is a big deal to me, to make sure that we love our doctor, as our most precious and cherished baby will be in their hands! I knocked out a lot this week; only things left: pack hospital bags and complete nurse thank you gifts. :)

35 weeks today! We are hoping that Brooke stays in as long as possible to make sure she is fully developed and ready for her birthday, but we are also beyond anxious for her arrival and so excited to meet our bundle of joy! Along with constant daydreaming of us meeting, I talk to her every chance I get, pray for her daily and read to her often.




Brooke doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my tummy, she isn't doing as many somersaults these days, but she is still kicking and punching mommy every chance she gets! Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks just putting on the pounds. :)


    My uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside my pelvis when we conceived — now reaches up under my rib cage. If you could peek see inside my  womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. My ballooning uterus is crowding other internal organs, too, including my bladder, and is also why I'm dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress.

    It's crazy to think I know girls that have had their babies 5 weeks early. There's no way to know if she's ready or not; only God and Brooke know at this point. So for now we wait...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment