Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9 - 36 week ultrasound

Friday, Michael was able to take a long lunch to join me at the doctor’s office. We had an ultrasound scheduled. In the morning, I went over to my parents’ house to be with Grandmere while they took the car into the shop. Mom had pancakes and sausage cooked for me! Before we had to leave, I started feeling faint. I laid down and had some more water, not sure why the sudden lightheadedness. Mom said she would drive me home and then go to the ultrasound with us. Michael and I knew how much it meant to her to see little Brooke; we wanted her there with us!

Little Miss is doing well. She is head down and getting ready for her debut. The technician confirmed she has a head full of long hair too! Michael and I were wondering if it would be blonde (like him as a baby) or brown (like me as a baby). She estimated her current weight to be 6 ½ pounds, just slightly ahead of where she should be. Obviously there is no way to tell how long she is, because she is curled up in fetal position!




After our appointment, Michael treated us all to Freebirds – a first time experience for my Mom and I. It was slightly overwhelming with all of the choices and size of the wrap, but absolutely delicious. Michael went back to work and my mom and I got a few things done around the apartment. We got the nurse thank you gifts put together too! Then it was time for me to take mom to pick up her car from the shop. We detoured by Pa and Ga’s house first; Bill, Milly & Elyse were over visiting. Milly had a bag of stuff from the shower that I didn't take. Plus she threw in an extra gift for me – a book for mommy! I read it while waiting at the car shop for my mom – it was so sweet! I am blessed to have such a wonderful aunt and Godmother, who already loves Brooke just as much as me!




I went back to my parents and had pizza for dinner with them. Grandmere asked if we have a hair appointment scheduled for Brooke! How cute is that?! I am so glad Brooke will get to meet her Gigi (GG = Great Grandmere). She is very blessed to be coming into the world with 4 grandparents and 4 great grandparents! I imagine there will be a full waiting room the day of her arrival.

Feeling loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment