Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12

Doctor’s appointment was at 8 am. It seemed like we were just there, which I guess we were – getting an ultrasound just 3 days prior. I gained a couple more pounds putting me at a total of 23 for the past 9 months. Not too bad, if I say so myself (and my doctor agrees)! Still not dilated, but my cervix is softening up some. Her heart rate sounds great and everything else looks good. I had to go give blood – to check my thyroid levels (which turned out being fine too). I have grown to appreciate the short appointments!

Mom and I were going to get breakfast, like usual, when she suggested a “quick run” to the mall. We got Shipley’s on the way…which ended up all over my shirt. My belly sticks out far enough to have caught all of the cheese that oozed out of my steaming hot kolache. I was a mess! Not good for pregnant emotions… We waited in line to get a free $10 Target gift card and then headed to Target to spend it. I found a maternity dress on sale, so that is what I used my gift card towards. Mom offered her gift card to me for Brooke. We got a set of newborn onesies that say “I love Daddy” (and he loved them). We headed to Motherhood Maternity after Target, so I could use a gift card I had for there before I am no longer pregnant! I got two sleeveless shirts, and wore one out of the store.

My feet and fingers were especially swollen today and after the walk around Memorial City Mall, I decided my energy was lacking. My boss was fine with me working the rest of the day from home. I am very appreciative of having that option and an understand boss that makes it possible. Some days, when I just can’t find clothes that fit (or spill food on the ones that are on) or it’s going to take more energy to get ready to go in that it would to just sit on the couch with my laptop, it is so nice to be able to work from home. I could not do it all the time, but in these last few weeks of pregnancy it has been really nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment