Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5

Jen's birthday was Saturday, so we went out to Max's Wine Dive for dinner Friday night. It was a foodie fest for sure. This pregnant lady was miserably full and ready for bed after course 2...but there were actually 4 courses. 1st course - cavatappi pasta tossed in truffle cream with provolone, gruyère and parmigiano-reggiano, 2nd  Course - arugula and watermelon salad with a citrus vinaigrette, 3rd Course - Max's Famous Fried Chicken with collared greens & mashed potatoes and 4th Course - Double Chocolate Ganache Brownie served with trentino gelato. It was good but another incident of eating a big, late meal...past our bedtime. 

Jen's 31st Birthday
Saturday, I stopped by Babies R Us for the Breastfeeding Expo and ended up buying a few outfits. I couldn't resist the sale! Then, on to Jen's for pizza and pool time. Mike got Jen an 8" red velvet cake. It was amazing, as was the Greek salad, fruit salad and pizza. Jen, my mom and I shared some girl time - we had fun! 

The picture doesn't do it justice; that was a 10" plate!
And yes, momma managed to finish that entire piece!

I spent almost all day on Sunday washing Brooke's stuff in Dreft - onesies, rompers, bibs, booties, hats, burp cloths, blankets and more blankets! I had been putting this off for awhile but I finally got around to it. I also packed my hospital bag! I had been compiling a list based on family, friends and blogs I have read. I still ended up changing it a bit when it came down to what I really needed. Plus we are only 5 minutes away from the hospital, so someone could always run to the apartment, if we forget something.

Just "some" of Brooke's laundry

I must say that I am getting very anxious. I cannot stand the wait. I am such a planner that not knowing when Brooke is going to arrive is driving me crazy! I don't even know why you are given a due date; I read that only 5% of women actually deliver on their expected due date! I'm 35 1/2 weeks and we are (patiently) waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment