Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 25 - "On my nerves"

I had a doctor's appointment Friday morning at 8. I was up early and outside waiting for my ride (aka mom) on time, usually it's the other way around. I got weighed in and actually lost a pound, which the doctor assured me was okay. The bigger the baby gets, the less room I have to put food in my tummy. As for my aching back, it is most likely that Brooke was "on my nerves"; pushed up against my sciatica nerve. It is very common towards the end of pregnancy, as the baby grows bigger and has less room to move around. Sometimes this pain can last weeks or months, luckily mine was only for a few hours and left just as suddenly as it started. Other than that, not much progression; still no dilation. I think Little Miss is just as cozy as can be in my belly...





After the doctor's appointment, we had Panera Bread for breakfast before our chores! We went to Kohl's and may have done a little bit of spoiling, and then to HEB for groceries. I am hoping that some of this walking will help, even if it's retail and grocery shopping - it's in the air conditioning and still counts!





We got some stuff done around the apartment, and mom took a nap while I got caught up on some work from my laptop. Then, we headed to the pool for a few laps and relaxation. Mom headed home around 6, and Michael and I ordered Chinese food. Nice way to end our Friday. Our weekends of "just the two of us" are coming to a close end. It's bittersweet!

Michael had to work for a few hours on Saturday, so I did a few more things around the apartment. I thought my nesting had come to an end...I spoke too soon. Wouldn't you know I found more to do! I washed a few more baby things, packed some snacks (for Daddy) in the hospital bag, set up the baby monitor and washed/sterilized half our baby bottles (apparently we got a lot more than I thought, so until I know which ones she likes, I will hold off on opening all the boxes).

Michael brought home gyros for lunch and we watched a movie. Then we decided to go look at cars again. We headed over to Auto Nation Nissan, just a few minutes from us. We compared two color options of the Nissan Rogue...and it took me forever to pick one. They started running numbers and the negotiating started. I have never experienced this before; it was stressful, annoying, exhausting, weird and exciting! It was about 8:30 when we finally said that we would sleep on it and come back Monday. I was very close to signing, but I don't like the pressure they put on you. We plan to visit another dealership on Monday to see what they can offer us.

Sunday, I woke up early and met my mom at 7 am mass. We saw Father Lockey after church and he asked me the name of our daughter again. I told him and he looked down at my belly, as if to say a blessing but instead blurted out "Come out Brooke!" That was very unexpected, but perfectly said! I am hoping she will listen to a priest, because she surely isn't listening to her mother! I then returned home to have breakfast with Michael. We lied around and watched a couple movies. It was nice to just relax at home on a Sunday together and not work. I even took a little catnap. Only productive thing I did was get a manicure; these nails needed it, especially if Brooke were to make her debut! Michael had dinner ready when I got home and cleaned the kitchen after we ate. It was a productive and relaxing weekend. I feel that much more "ready" for our baby's arrival. This waiting game is getting very hard. 

Another friend of mine had her baby on Saturday. Our due dates were just 8 days apart, so her little girl arrived just 4 days early. She was almost 8 pounds and 20 inches and is absolutely precious. I am so happy for her and her family...and slightly jealous that her baby has arrived. I tried telling Brooke to have the same birthday as Maryn, but she obviously didn't listen!



No comments:

Post a Comment