Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14 - A Sweet Tweet Shower

Friday, I worked from home, met my Mom for lunch and then ran a few errands. We went to Motherhood Maternity and I finally decided on my dress for the shower. We also went grocery shopping, so she could help me with bulk items at Sam's. Oh...and most importantly I got our Baby Book from Grammy and Grumpy on Thursday. I hadn't actually seen it in person, but was so happy with how it looks - love it even more in person! It's gray and pink, like Brooke's nursery. After bringing up all the groceries and relaxing on the couch with a cold lemonade, we went to get dinner with Michael.

Saturday, Michael had to work but wished me well at the shower. I was very emotional; I woke up thinking "I am having a baby shower today". I knew it was coming, but just the reality of it all was overwhelming to me. I rode with my Mom and Grandmere to The Woodlands to Milly and Elyse's house for the shower. Most of the guests were there already, as we were running a little late (blame it on the mommy-to-be). It was so good to see everyone - Michael's family, my family, some friends, previous coworkers, etc. They had a seat saved for me, front and center. We played the game where you can't say baby or Brooke (I am really good at that game). I ended up winning, but only because everyone started giving me their clothespins; they know me too well! :) The other game had a bag of baby items and you had to reach in and guess what the 10 items were. Jen was a really good host; everyone was saying she should have been a teacher, the way she was instructing all of us with the game rules, eating order, etc. She's amazing! Milly, Elyse and Jen worked busted their behinds to make this the perfect shower for me...and IT WAS! I was blown away with the food setup - little cups of Caesar salad, meatballs, mixed fruit and tomato-basil-mozzarella skewers. There were monogrammed onesies and a bib through the house and even a pink/gray wreath, made special for Brooke. There was a diaper cake by the sign-in book, along with monogrammed onesie cookies for favors! I know how much time and effort they put into everything, and it was honestly even better than I could have imagined! Oh...and cupcakes for dessert! Elyse knew my favorite was Red Velvet Cake, but among the others were Lemon Coconut Custard, Italian Creme Cake, Salted Carmel, Chocolate Peanut Butter and more... Brooke got so many wonderful gifts; the room was full of love for her! Mallory was there to capture every moment, and I'm so glad she did. The shower flew by and was over before I knew it. Go figure, right as it was time to go, there was a "shower"! Thanks to all our family and friends who came; it means the world to Michael, Brooke and I to have so much love and support. And a very special thank you to Milly (my aunt and Godmother), Jen (my sister) and Elyse (my cousin) for hosting such an unforgettable shower! Love you so much.

Mommy-to-be and Auntie Jen

We had my Mom's van loaded from end to end and headed to Katy. Michael was home from work, just in time to help bring up all the gifts. He was exhausted, and so was I, but I was too excited to let everything just sit there. I showed him all the presents and managed to put most of it "somewhere" other than the middle of the living room. 



Sunday, I was up at 5, since I couldn't sleep and met my Dad at 7 am Mass. I always thought he was crazy getting up that early, but there I was joining him! He kept looking over at my tummy, and would smile from ear to ear when he saw her kicking! He is on cloud 9 and can NOT wait for his granddaughter to be here! Michael made breakfast and started putting together some of our big items - the swing and pack n play. We ran to Babies R Us, Target and Sam's, before heading to my parents. They graciously offered us dinner and we happily accepted, as both of us were physically exhausted! We got home and still had some more stuff to arrange and put together. Our apartment went from a total nightmare (boxes everywhere, chairs on top of counters, gift bags galore, etc) to a home ready for a little girl! We're not completely ready yet, but in a couple more weeks we hope to have it altogether!

Thanks to Great Ga & Pa for the Pack n Play, with bassinet

Thanks to Grammy & Grumpy for Brooke's Swing/Glider


I am getting my pump ordered this week through my insurance, have interviews setup with 3 different pediatricians, keeping track of all of our gifts that we have received and hopefully finding a "home" for everything we need. Our apartment seemed like it was not going to hold everything when we got home on Saturday evening, but it just needed some rearranging. Things are going to be "different" but I think we will manage just fine, and make our future house that much more appreciated!

We ate the dinner my mom made and leftover shower cupcakes and hit the hay! What a productive (yet slightly chaotic) and lovely weekend! I feel beyond blessed for everything we have received - love, support, prayers, gifts and more! Thank you, thank you from the bottom of hearts. We love you all so much!!!

Diaper Cake from Auntie Jen
(after making it home from the shower)

No comments:

Post a Comment