Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23

What a fun weekend we had. Definitely long and exhausting, but nothing less than exciting!

Friday, I had a busy day with my mom. I woke up and did some work from home, and she came over and helped with a few chores around the apartment! That always makes me happy - she vacuumed the stairs, which is pretty much impossible for me to even attempt at this point! I had an interview with a pediatrician at 1, so we met with her (which went really well) and then got some lunch. Last we stopped at the grocery store, so she could help me get the groceries up the stairs! It poured down rain while we were shopping, so we just had to spend a few more minutes on the ice cream aisle - no big deal!

After dinner, Michael and I had tickets to a Legacy Fight. Our  friend, Larry is a professional fighter and was competing for the title in his weight class that night. I knew it was going to be a long night, but at least it wasn't a lot of walking! Unfortunately he lost the fight, but we were able to see a lot of our friends who also went. We left before the last fight, to beat the traffic, not to mention Michael had to work in the morning.

Larry Crowe at Legacy FC 21

Saturday, I tried to rest, but managed to do lots of nesting! I reorganized most of the items we got at the last shower. I cleared up a lot of space in the living room, knowing that we will probably need it after this week's showers! We are having a baby shower luncheon for my coworker and I on Thursday...although she has since found out that she could have the baby any day now. So sadly, she may not be able to attend! She is 3 weeks ahead of me, and while her baby may came early, reality is starting to settle in. Our baby could be here in just a few weeks. They say "full-term" is 37 weeks, which is only 3 weeks from Thursday! Wow. So soon...

Brooke's current headband collection,
stored in a crystal jar!

So Saturday night was our company's anniversary party. This year's theme was "Night at the Museum"...proposed by none other than yours truly (that would be me)! The party was mostly planned and executed by some of the others in the department and it was a hit! I hadn't been to the Museum of Natural Science in years, and thought it may be cheesy, not to mention I'm not that interested in a lot of that stuff. However, it was so much fun. The setup was awesome, the fact that we had the whole venue to ourselves was great, there was food everywhere, photo op, two live bands, karaoke, all of the exhibits were open to us, etc! The food...oh my, the food - it really was everywhere! They had mini corn dogs, chicken tenders, egg rolls, pasta station, salad bar, pork slider station, beef fajitas (amazing), mashed potato bar, macaroni n cheese bar, Caesar salad, desserts galore (cake balls, cookies, tiramisu, pound cake, fruit & more) and bananas fosters stations!!! We had to sit down a few times during the night on random benches to give mommy a break from all the walking, but we managed to stay until almost 11! That is two nights in a row of staying up late, way past our bedtime (usually about 9-9:30). We were having so much fun, we really didn't realize how late it was. We knew we were going to sleep like babies though...and we did!

Hall of Paleontology


Butterfly Center
Night at the Museum 7.20.13

Sunday, we woke up with the intentions of going to Cracker Barrel. However, I said we should just cook breakfast at home...and that we did! We had a feast, which is exactly what Michael wanted - french toast, sausage patties, fried eggs and biscuits! It was yummy...and we didn't eat again until dinner time, which was another feast! I was too antsy to sit still and relax on a Sunday, so I went to the kitchen and whipped up a new concoction! Cilantro Chicken Roll-ups - shredded chicken, artichokes, jalapenos and cheese wrapped into a lasagna noodle topped with a creamy cilantro sauce and baked. Not too bad, if I say so myself. :)

Breakfast of Champions

We were in bed early and ready for the week, after a day of mostly rest! The past two days, my obsession with babies has only gotten worse. I am getting more and more anxious to meet our little angel. I can't hardly stand it. I'm really looking forward to dressing her up in all the rompers, bloomers, headbands, bows and more. I even ordered a few wraps for her newborn photos. My friend, Mallory and I are going to become newborn photography experts by the time Brooke is a week old! :)



I love the innocence in newborn photography. These adorable little humans are so new to the world - it's beautiful! Not to mention, my love for the big headbands. The ones pictured above are from BirdieBabyBoutique, whom I am absolutely obsessed with (hint, hint)! I sent these pictures to Grammy and she said none of these pictures will do her justice! :) I just get so giddy looking at these little bundles of joy and can't wait to meet our baby girl!

I love you so much Brooke Leigh Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment