Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12 - Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I know I am not quite a mother yet, but growing our Little Miss counts for something! :) Michael let me sleep in and I woke up to biscuits and sausage gravy, along with flowers and a card! The card read "Happy Mother's Day from our Princess...to the Queen!" Couldn't have picked a better card. I've always been the princess, but I am more than happy to take Queen to give our little angel the princess title!


Hydrangeas and roses from our daughter and Daddy-to-be!

After breakfast we headed to Deer Park to have lunch with Michael's family. First we showed Michael's parents the ultrasound video; they loved it! Cameron and Alex picked out a bib for their baby cousin; it read "Miss Independent". Very sweet! Then, we went through Michael's clothes and packed up the stuff he wanted to keep. Then we bagged stuff for Goodwill and trash. After loading the car, we went over to his aunt Becky's house. I was showered with more Mother's Day goodies and love from all of this family! After lunch, we headed out, as we had to return to Katy before dinner with my family.

On the way back, we had the infamous conversation about picking a name...again. Michael said he didn't know what was taking so long, because he thought we both agreed on the same name. So after a few minutes of making sure there were no other names that we preferred, we decided on our little one's name! BROOKE LEIGH TAYLOR :) What a huge step. Deciding the name of another person, the name they will be called for the rest of their life...I felt butterflies in my stomach! To think we have not only created this tiny miracle, together we have chosen a name for her! It was such a relief to refer to our baby as she/her when we had the gender confirmed, but to call her by name...it's indescribable. To think, she is OURS...and together, as her mommy and daddy, we have finally chose a name for our daughter!

We arrived at my parents' house, and after giving Grandmere and my mom their gifts, I opened a present from my parents. It was 2 books for our little girl - "Thank You God for Mommy" and "That's How Much I Love You". We loaded up the car and headed to Maggiano's for our reservation. Grandmere requested Italian. :) Jen and Mike met us there. It was quite the feast, as usual, and what is a Hassig family gathering without drama?! Two and a half hours later, we were finally ready to leave.


My mama and best friend!

My beautiful, witty and loving Grandmere!

We stopped by my aunt Amy's to have dessert and see the rest of the family. It was also my cousin Kelly's daughter's 1st birthday! We gave her kisses and oohed and awed over her before leaving.

We got home and cuddled up to watch a movie, which I didn't make it even halfway through. This mama was worn out. It was bittersweet to know that next year, it will not be just Michael and I, but our precious baby will be here too. I cannot wait! Thanks to everyone for all the Mother's Day cards, presents, wishes and love. I feel so loved!

I just read a quote this morning and it really hit home. "Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." I sometimes gripe about being pregnant, but not everyone is blessed with this opportunity. God chose us to create this little miracle and I feel honored! Days when my feet are swollen, my skin is dry and itchy, my head is throbbing, I can't stop crying, I'm feeling nauseous or I can't sleep...I shall remember this. Our little one is, and always will be, a miraculous blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment