Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27

Saturday, I was up early doing chores around the house. I constantly complain about my feet hurting and being tired, but I can't stand sitting still. I am sure it will only be a few more weeks until that is out the window! Michael insists that I sit down and rest with him on our weekends, but for some reason, I like to fight it.

After getting some laundry done, I finally sat down to catch up on some shows, just as it was time to go to a friend's graduation party. We headed out to Cypress and that was quite the journey. We must have made 3 or 4 stops - getting cash out, gas, drinks & ice for daddy and a snack for mommy...we finally made it about 4 to their house. They have a nice pool, so I was able to enjoy that and play with my friends' kiddos. We had a great time catching up with friends, and actually stayed well into the night. I was surprised with how long I last! People watching, BBQ and pool time can keep me going, even at 6 1/2 months pregnant!

Sunday, we went down to the pool for an hour or two before going over to my grandparents' house. Pa made one of his well-known briskets - they're the best in town! We enjoyed catching up with the family there and sat inside most of the time, as it was too hot to be outdoors. After dinner, we were all stuffed! We stopped by the pharmacy to get some after-sun lotion on the way home. It wasn't until we were applying the hydrating cream that we realized how much sun we actually got in that short time at the pool. Michael's whole chest was red and my shoulders were pretty pink too. First sun of the summer - it always happens!

We started Memorial Day morning by going grocery shopping and getting a cart full of fresh veggies and fruit! :) Then, I somehow managed to talk Michael into joining me at the pool - sunburn and all. He kept his shirt on until we got in the water, but he had applied a good coat of SPF this time around. We took a break to go cool off and make burgers for lunch. We got a new seasoning and Michael was ready to try it out on the deer burgers - it was delicious! We spent a couple more hours down by the pool until a large family came in and took over the whole area... We retreated back to the apartment to wind down from a busy weekend and relax in the air conditioning!

It was indeed a great Memorial Day weekend. So grateful for those men and women who have served to allow us to enjoy a 3-day weekend of freedom!!! God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment