Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20 - Baby Registry Done!

Friday, I had the day off and spent most of it doing laundry. I met my parents at the Greek Fest for lunch, and got dinner to-go for Michael and I. We had Greek pizzas and souvlaki - yum! Then, I suggested us going to the movies...we haven't been to the movie theater in probably over a year (at least)! I wanted to go to Katy Mills to get clothes at Motherhood Maternity and I figured we could see a movie while we were there. We decided on Pain & Gain...not too bad, but surely not worth the $20 it is to see a movie in the theater. I got my movie theater fix...and will be good with waiting until they come out on Redbox for awhile! Nonetheless, it was fun to get out and do something. We rarely go out, and I know maternity clothes shopping wasn't Michael's first choice, but he did it with a smile...or he just did it to make me smile! I got a few more pants that fit comfortably, and don't involve me looping a rubber band on the button of my pants and then covering it up with a belly band!

Saturday, I was up early and made breakfast. After lounging for a bit, we decided to go do our baby registry! Another event Michael was really looking forward to it! We were at Babies R Us for about 3 hours and it was not an easy task, but it was finally done. We got some advice from some people, but in the end we decided to go with our gut. It's a learning experience for us, as it is with every new parent. We might not know what bottle she is going to like best, or if she will prefer a bouncer to rocker, but we will have to figure that along the way. It is amazing how many choices there are these days. It's nice, but then again, it seems like it may have been easier when there was only one kind of swing, one brand of pacifiers, one type of pump, etc. Nonetheless, we got our goodie bag and headed out...without a single purchase (that's a first)!

On to Target, we went. After a bathroom break, waiting in three lines and two encounters with some interesting staff members, we had our Starbucks drinks in one hand and the scanner in the other. The main item I knew they didn't carry at Babies R Us, but that I had seen advertised at Target, was not available in-store. Go figure! We found a couple of other items to scan and were ready to get out of there. The few aisles at Target are not nearly as intimidating as the entire BRU store. We still had to go to Sam's for a few necessities, so we returned to scanner, found out they were out of registry goodie bags...and left! Later I ended up going through and getting rid of most of the items at Target, so if you're planning on shopping for Brooke, check out BRU, aka Babies R Us!

I was able to purchase Brooke a couple of new books among our groceries at Sams! I have been reading to her lately. It is the sweetest thing when I feel her kick as I am reading, it is confirming that she hears her mommy's voice! I love it. Michael and I drove thru Chickfila for a quick bite, since we hadn't eaten since breakfast and had been shopping for over 4 hours. After getting everything upstairs (thanks to Daddy), we headed to the pool for the first time this year. My swimsuit was a bit on the small side, but not bad - I've definitely seen worse! It was early in the evening, so the sun wasn't as hot and the water felt great. It was so nice to have all the weight off my joints and bones in the water! I will be frequenting the pool a lot this summer, if I can stand the heat!

After the pool, we got cleaned up and decided to head out to Waller County Cook-off. We had a couple friends who were on a team and cooking all weekend, so we decided to go for some brisket and good times (maybe a beer or two for Daddy). It was a relaxing drive, except for the fact that our GPS never seems to work when you really need it. Scooter Brown Band was playing and the weather was great - I was actually kind of chilly. We ate some great BBQ and spent time with close friends. It was a later night than I am used to, but it was fun after a very long, busy day!

Sunday, we took it easy. I ran a couple errands while Michael stayed home to rest, then we headed back to the pool before the sun went down. We rented Argo and made deer sausage, sauteed spinach and tortellini for dinner. I didn't make it through the movie before I was in bed sleeping... We had a very long and productive weekend. So glad we can check registering off our to-do list....now I just have to make a decision on the nursery colors/theme. There are 2 (maybe 3) that I just love...perhaps this week I will figure it out and let everyone know! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment