Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28 - 6 month appointment

This was my first doctor's appointment without daddy. :( It made me really sad, but I understand that there will be more important reasons to take off from work. His new job is going really well and he does not want to jeopardize anything asking for time off so early. So mommy and baby headed to the doctor's office early Tuesday morning.

First off, I found out that I had gained 5 pounds since my last appointment, which is the most I have put on in between appointments. However, I was assured that is okay, as that only puts me at a total gain of 11 pounds pre-pregnancy weight...and I am going to blame part of that on Memorial Day weekend! :)

No ultrasound this week, but I did get to her our little girl's heartbeat. Doc said it was healthy and strong!! That always makes me smile. She educated me on Cord Blood Banking and after talking to her about the expenses, benefits and options, I said I was still unsure. I wanted to talk to Michael about it. However, I expressed interest in donating the cord, but she told me that at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, there was not a way to do that at this time. So unfortunately, if we do not want to keep it, they will have to discard it, unless I find a way for someone to come and get it. She said she has not heard of a way to do this, but is more than willing to do it, if I find an alternative.

She suggested I take a couple Tylenol before bed to help alleviate some of the pain in my hips, but other than that it was normal to be feeling more uncomfortable as I enter the third trimester... With that, she gave me her authorization for a 3D ultrasound, if we choose to get one, and I was done. No blood work needed this go around...that's a first! However, my next appointment was scheduled for 2 weeks - June 11th. At that time, I will do the glucose testing to check for gestational diabetes and I will also do some follow up lab work to see how my thyroid is doing with the new dose of medicine.

Short and sweet appointment. Everything is on track. Back to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment