Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8

Michael had to go back to Deer Park last Thursday to get a few things before starting his new job this week. While he was there, he was able to go fishing with his friend Justin. They didn't catch much, but I know he misses being on the water with his rod and reel.

Meanwhile, I was back in Katy, where my friend Tasha had her baby boy. Riley Keith Stringer was born Wednesday, May 1st. Her water broke on Tuesday and she was in labor 25 hours before having a c-section. He came in at 8 pounds and 21 1/2 ounces, and they are both doing well! She was at Memorial Hermann Katy, so it was nice to get a feel for the hospital, staff, post-pregnancy events, etc. He is such a cutie and I can't wait for him to meet his playmate in September! Congrats to Tasha and Brad on such a beautiful son!




Saturday, we went to Carl's 6th Annual BBQ, an event that our friend has every year to get everyone together for food, drinks and fun! It was great to see some friends that I haven't seen in months and catch up on life. To get out of the sun for a bit, I went by my parents and showed them the ultrasound video of PB. They loved it! Grandmere was clapping and bouncing up and down in her chair. My dad called out each limb as he noticed it - "Oh there's her legs"..."There's her nose"..."That's her hand". It was adorable! We had a long day, but it was great to see so many friends. Michael was adorable talking to people about the baby. He is already one proud Daddy!!!



Sunday, we went to my cousin Kelly & Kyle's house to celebrate their daughter Arden's 1st Birthday. She is a little doll! It was her first time to have cake - how special! We sang Happy Birthday and then she was served a piece of delicious white frosted cake. She was skeptical at first, as she was unsure about the texture of the icing, but once Dad put a piece in her mouth, she couldn't stop! She loved it!!! She got lots of cute clothes and fun toys. It was so special watching her, knowing that in 4 months our little angel will be here. Time is flying...




After the party, we did some shopping for Michael for his first week of his new job. I couldn't resist buying our daughter a new outfit...in every store we went in!! She's spoiled already and it's only going to get worse! We had another busy weekend...before a busy week. It was great to spend time with family and friends.

Monday night, I noticed a "rash" on the side of my tummy. Michael thought it could be from new clothes that I've purchased. I thought it may be stretch marks forming. I didn't think it was an allergic reaction from anything, as I haven't changed any soaps or moisturizers lately. I did figure it was pregnancy related though...and was hoping it wasn't shingles or something similar. I called the nurse at my OBs office on Tuesday when the itch persisted. She referred me to a dermatologist and booked an appointment for me.

I went to see Dr. Czelusta this morning to find out it's a form of eczema related to pregnancy. He said it was probably not the topical eczema I had as a child, but it could be one of three types pregnancy-related. I couldn't repeat the names if my life depended on it - they're extremely long. Regardless of which he type, he would recommend the same treatment. So I got a Rx cream for my tummy that should take care of the itch. He notified me that it could take about a week for it to begin working, but if it got any worse to come back and see him. He was very nice; great referral from my OB! He also gave me another Rx cream for my face, as that has been extremely dry and flaky lately. He suggested that I discontinue the Bio-Oil that I had been using and continue with the daily moisturizer I have been using - Aveeno. He said that applying lotion or cream 2-3 times daily will work just as good, if not better than any other product claiming to reduce stretch marks, such as Bio-Oil or Cocoa Butter. I was also instructed to get some different face wash, so goodbye Clean and Clear!

I have come to realize that I have asthma, rhinitis, hypothyroidism, and now eczema! Someone asked me today if pregnancy was awful, and even though I have a list of pregnancy-related symptoms, I would say NO WAY! Feeling those little movements in my belly, hearing her heartbeat during an ultrasound, buying tiny little onesies, talking to her while she's growing in my tummy, answering questions about my pregnancy, thinking of holding her in four months, dreaming of looking into our little angel's eyes....ALL make it worthwhile! I am so happy to call myself a mother, even if my child is not physically here for another 4 months. The sacrifices I have already made are for the greatest miracle of all!!! So blessed to be on this journey and to have the love of my life by my side.

Happy early Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life...my mom, Grandmere, Ga, my Godmother Milly, my aunts Amy and Chris, my cousins Kelly and Missy, my mother-in-law Kathy, Mamaw, Pam, Becky, Helen, Jane, Peggy...and all of my friends with their own little bundles of joy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment