Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15 - The Test

After spending days thinking about it, I finally decided to take a test so I could get on with my work. I left the office and went to to CVS to buy a pregnancy test at 2 pm. I hadn't told Michael yet, but after I took the first test and saw that it was positive, almost instantly. I sent him a picture, knowing he would call me right after. I was in shock and didn't even know what to say or think yet. Michael said "Does that say what I think it says?" I said "Yes." He replies "Are you excited?" I thought that was adorable. After talking and drinking lots of water, I took the second...again positive.

I decided I was going to call my best friend, Mallory, at this point to come over and help me find somewhere to go get a blood test. She found me a gyno right around the corner to confirm. After about 12 pages of paperwork and a few laughs, I got my blood drawn with Dr. Kern. While filling out papers, the doctor asked if I wanted a boy or girl – and I said I hadn’t gotten that far yet. He followed with "I guess picking names is out of the picture then too!" Uh...that would be a yes!

I spent the rest of the evening on the phone with Michael, as we both tried letting reality sink in.

Positive Pregnancy Test (1 of 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment