Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24 - Sick Mommy

It's starting to go without saying that there was another bathroom break during the night. I'm starting to wonder if that's your body's way of getting ready for the feedings during the night once the baby comes! And on top of that, I am feeling even worse than yesterday. I can't stop sneezing and my whole head feels super congested. I definitely took OTCs for granted, since you aren't really supposed to be taking any meds during pregnancy. I haven't been sick in months...go figure I get sick a couple weeks after finding out I'm pregnant!

I have always heard that you have crazy dreams during pregnancy but never really thought about it much...until now! I wake up in the mornings almost embarrassed about some of the things I can recall. They are so weird and out of nowhere! I hope these don't last long; I'm not sure if I can handle 8 more months of vivid awkward dreams every night!

Our department was nominated for an award and today we had a photoshoot at Clay's Restaurant. We did indivdual and group shots, and we all wore white shirts and jeans. I picked up a few tips from the photographer, but I was ready to get out of there, as I had made a doctor's appt. After 3 hours of pictures, I headed to Dr. Foox's for a checkup, not knowing what he would say or give me due to the pregnancy. My blood pressure was optimal and my weight hasn't changed...yet. After checking me out, he informed me that I really shouldn't be using my inhaler (for asthma) unless I absolutely need it. He was going to put me on an antibiotic and to get Delsym (OTC cough syrup) if my OB-GYN approved it, which she did.

I swung by my parents, since it was down the street from the doctor and to my surprise, my mom had made her homemade chicken noodle soup! :) They gave me some other stuff too - milk, orange juice, etc. They are too good to me!

It was a long day, but I still had to get my Rx at CVS...and then I was headed home to bed for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment