Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28 - Back to work

Upon arriving to my office this morning, I had a package from Mallory...

Green tea, lemon herb tea, cold-eeze, cough drops and non-aspirin tablets.
Thank you my friend (...and Wood Group)!


After being sick at home for 3 days, I am back to work...still not 100% though. I was getting a little stir crazy being couped up in the apartment all weekend, but now that I'm back I am wishing I was in bed. My parents came over on Saturday to bring me a special delivery of homemade banana bread. Although when they got there, my dad ended up whipping up his famous eggs benedict - he even did all the dishes and cleaned up when he was done. My mom vacuumed the apartment, even the stairs! They brought me a couple Valentine's kitchen towels and two frames for the frame holder in the hallway. I love them!!

Michael stayed in Deerpark for the weekend, since I was sick and he was just getting over being sick - he didn't want to risk getting it again. It was tough being away, but he was able to relax and hang out with the guys. He hasn't been able to see them much, since he has been in Katy every weekend since Christmas and soon, he will be living in Katy, so it will be even less.

Sunday morning, I got up and heated up two pieces of banana bread. I was on the phone with Michael and after the first piece, I mentioned how suddenly and incredibly full I was. Then I realized it was nausea. I told Michael I needed to call him back and ran to the bathroom. I absolutely hate getting sick! I sat there, almost in tears, saying to myself "please don't throw up, please don't throw up". I got up to turn the air down, as I felt myself getting very clammy. It eventually passed, and nothing came up...this time! My mom thought the bread made me nauseous and that she needed to come get the remaining loaf, I assured her it was the baby, not me! I finished the second piece without a problem. Just as I thought the morning nausea had been getting slightly better, there is a whole new meaning to "morning sickness".

I spent pretty much the whole weekend watching movies and on pinterest. I have created a secret board "Baby Bump", although many of the posts this weekend were food related! :)  I read I am not supposed to eat deli meat, unless it is steaming hot. So I opted for some different sandwiches this weekend - I had a good ol' fashioned grilled cheese with Kraft singles on Friday, Saturday I had a spinach & artichoke grilled cheese, and on Sunday I had a jalapeno popper grilled cheese. They were all delicious - I definitely recommend!

Yesterday, I was getting extremely bored, so I got up and moving around the apartment. I cleaned out the hall closet - more like organized actually. In there are coats, gift bags, vacuum, dslr camera bag, mini toolbox, holiday decor, etc. It looks a little better! Then I organized the laundry room - moving all things alcohol related to the upper corner shelf - container with koozies, bubbakeg, case of beer and 6 bottles of wine (that wouldn't fit on the wine rack). I guess I'll drink that stuff again one day, but I'm thinking of having a liquor sale - it's taking up valuable space. lol Oh and if you haven't seen the apartment, all of the cabinets above the kitchen sink have wine and/or martini glasses and shakers. I think those will need to be condensed for baby bottles!! Then I moved onto the closet. I have quite a bit of clothes and I need to start making room for Daddy...and eventually baby, if we are not able to upgrade to a bigger apartment before September. I tried on all of my pants, getting rid of ones that are too small and organizing the ones that I need to wear now (because they won't fit for too much longer) and the ones that are looser and will be good prego pants! I got rid of a few shirts too, in the process, but only one dress. I figured those will be a good summer staple for me, since they stretch and will easily go over my belly. I filled up a laundry basket full of stuff - thinking about going to the consignment shop around the corner. I have never been to one before, but getting money for clothes that I would just end up throwing out - bring it on!

Ten more days until our first doctor's appt. I pray that we like her, and don't have to keep looking. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat...I imagine I am going to cry like a baby (pun intended)!

I heard a couple of quotes this weekend and I think they are perfect for our situation:

No comments:

Post a Comment