Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16 - Telling my parents

At about noon, I got the call from the doctor’s office saying it was positive. I figured that it would be by this point. Later that day, I looked up nearby OB-GYNs, since the initial doctor I saw for the blood work does not practice Obstetrics (which I did have to google). I found a woman named Dr. Kelly, she graduated from Texas Tech and has been practicing for over 11 years.
I debated most of the day when to tell my parents. My mom and I are very close, so I knew it couldn't be much longer, that I am not good at keeping secrets from her. I picked her up from the doctor's office (she was at an appt for my grandma with my dad) in Katy. We got to my apartment, not discussing any of the news yet. She came to sit on the couch next to me and asked "What's new?" I said "I'm pregnant." She said she figured that something was up, since I was adamant about her coming over to take care of her sick daughter. She cancelled on her friends for Bunco and Dad was supposed to come pick her up. He came in to see me, but only said hi from the hallway; he said he didn’t want to get close enough to get what I had. I said he couldn’t get what I had because I was pregnant. I thought he was going to faint, his keys fell to the ground and he looked confused. He walked down the stairs and out of my apartment, leaving the complex. My mom and him played phone tag for a bit before he came back to get her. He was quite surprised to say the least, but aren't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment