Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21 - About 6 weeks now

It is weird keeping something like to myself. I usually tell people more than I probably should. I am a very open and honest person with my friends and family. However, Michael and I have agreed that the first trimester is the riskiest time for miscarriage. For fear of something happening with this unexpected surprise, we have decided to wait until 3 months to share the news. Our first doctor's appointment is on February 7th, with Dr. Kelly - hoping we like her. Otherwise, we will be on the search for another OB-GYN for Appt #2. At this appointment, we will have our first ultrasound and get answers to some of our questions. I think they should be able to tell us if there is only one baby or twins - Michael's dad is a twin and my paternal grandma miscarried with twins. Since it skips a generation and we both have it in our genes, it is very likely for us to have multiples. We will have to wait until February 7th to see what God is giving us...

Today I discussed moving options with my apartment complex. I just moved into a 1 bedroom apartment, less than a month ago. Obviously we would like to get a 2 bedroom apartment and be moved and settled in before the baby comes - which looks like it will be mid-September (based on a due date calculator on the internet).

Looked at some do's and don'ts of pregnancy today. Michael was worried about me eating yogurt. I found out yogurt is fine, so is cream cheese and cottage cheese. However, some cheeses and unpastuerized products are not okay...including Feta Cheese! I just ran out yesterday, but that is quite the staple in my diet. Oh well, for Baby Taylor I will make due without it!

Day 5 of not smoking. Surprisingly easier than I remember it being in the past. Again I think it is because the effects of pregnancy are stronger than the effects of withdrawing from nicotine! Crazy. I find myself making more trips to the restroom, drinking more water, eating less but more frequently throughout the day, FATIGUE (never recall being so tired and so often, from not doing anything extensive) and sore chest. I don't really find myself craving anything unusual. Although I did read something that said some pregnant women may find themselves craving non-edible items, such as chalk, detergent, etc. Oh my...if I start craving that stuff - cut me off! That is gross; I really hope I do not get to the point of craving weird things! I am about 6 weeks right now, so there is still a long ways to go.

Our baby went from being the size of a sesame seed to a lentil bean this week! Our "PB" is just growing away!


Our baby is as long as a lentil (about 1/4 inch).


No comments:

Post a Comment