Friday, January 18, 2013

January 18

Michael, my parents and I went to TXLC for dinner. This was the first time for us all to be together since the announcement. My Dad shook Michael’s hand and said happy birthday late. My Mom hugged and kissed Michael’s cheek, almost crying she told him happy birthday. About half way thru dinner, the news was brought up – as it had not yet been the topic of conversation. It comes out that my dad has already been “shopping” for the baby – looking at clothes at Steinmart! He has decided to refer to the baby as “PB” – precious baby, that will be our code. He is so excited. He has agreed that his name will be Grumpy! My mom likes Grammy, which is what she calls herself to my sister's dog! Michael tells my parents that he is looking at different job opportunities. He thought we would be engaged and married before this happened but it is what it is and we are going to make it work because regardless of marriage we love each other very much! My Dad was very pleased with everything we had to say. 

Both my Mom and Dad touch my tummy before leaving the restaurant – I inform them that the baby is the size of a sesame seed and that I did not feel comfortable with them caressing my stomach like that in public - first awkward moment of having someone touch my belly...not a fan!


Our baby has grown to the size of a sesame seed,
looking more like a tiny tadpole than a human.


No comments:

Post a Comment