Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23 - Shrinking Bladder

So it is becoming more frequent for me to wake up for mid-night bathroom breaks. 5:30 am Sunday night, 2:30 am Monday night, and 3:30 am last night! I don't feel like I'm drinking a whole lot more water than I used to...I've always drank a good amount. I am going to try to focus on drinking more during the day, and less after dinner. Hopefully that helps. I always heard that women pee more during pregnancy, but I always assumed it was during the last few months, when you have a giant baby pushing on your bladder...NOT when you have a "lentil bean" growing in there!! Although it is pretty crazy how different you feel from such small changes. I am still very tired and feeling nauseaous every morning. It's like that feeling the day you are starting to get sick - you just don't feel right, kinda blah, but you try to push through it. This morning I was feeling stuffy/sneezy on top of the usual, not good! The nurse said OTCs are not encouraged during maternity, so I may go try to get some extra Vitamin C - EmergenC or something simliar. Perhaps just good old fashioned OJ might help. Ashley, another pregnant coworker (maybe a month ahead of me) has been out sick for 3 days now! Poor thing.

I am trying to eat smaller meals, but more often throughout the day. I do not want to "diet" during pregnancy but eat more healthy - for the baby's and my sake! My lunch pack today included: pineapple, string cheese, 2 hard boiled eggs, rice and a flavored water drink (no caffeine or calories).

Today marks one week of no smoking. Crazy how time flies. I wonder if the next 8 months will go this fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment