Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22 - Dinner with my parents

I arrived to work at 6 am for an event, so before falling asleep at my desk, I decided to leave about 4:30. My parents were coming over for dinner anyway. I had an opened bottle of wine sitting out with a glass for my mom to finish up, since I had received the news after opening the Cab. We had planned to swapp leftovers for dinner; I got my mom's pork chops and brussel sprouts and they got my amazing lasagna rolls! My mom was supposed to bring the salad but forgot that, so we whipped one up a tossed salad with honey mustard - yum!!

The whole two hours that my parents were over, the conversation was all about the baby! My dad couldn't be happier - he may be the happiest grandpa in history...and the baby isn't even here yet. He was asking about my vitamins, what I've been eating, how I'm feeling, etc. He has the baby talk already down...which if you know my dad, he's had that down well before now! He has figured out how old the baby will be this Christmas and Christmas 2014! He has been looking at baby clothes at Stein Mart and knows the sales! He said he was going to buy diapers every month from now until the baby comes, so we can be stocked up - he said he was going to get the first pack tomorrow! :) So sweet. He was pretending to hold the baby and sing songs to them, then he put the baby in a fake stroller and was pushing it around the apartment. I told him he had to stop, because my neighbors below could probably hear him running around, so he moved the back of the apartment. A couple minutes later, he returns, still with his arms up pushing the fake stroller! I couldn't stop laughing, but thought it was so adorable that he is this excited. My mom thinks that he won't be able to keep it a secret for much longer - he is bursting with excitement and talks about it all day long!!!

I showed my mom the pictures of Michael and I with the pregnancy test, and she thought they were cute. So cute, in fact, she asked if Grammy and Grumpy could take one. I told her yes, as she got teary-eyed! I know the situation was a surprise to us all. However, none the less it is a miracle and we are embracing this blessing from above!

Notice the 2 fingers my dad is holding up...he thinks we're having twins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment