Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17 - Michael's Birthday

It wasn't quite the gift Michael was thinking he would get for his 31st birthday!

My Dad tells my mom he wants the baby to be named Eduardo (boy) or Edwina (girl). Also tells her that they should turn one of the bedrooms at the house into a baby room with all of the stuff from the attic! Gladly he is coming around, and much sooner than I thought.

It's a busy day at work, with an event in the evening, so it might not be until Saturday that we all get to talk again. I really need to let my Dad know that it is being kept a secret for now! At work, I told my supervisor – she kept saying Congratulations! Later in the day, she came and talked to me about telling our manager, who is our new boss. He is ready to hit the ground running with all the new changes and she is worried that this might not be the year to give it 200%, especially if he’s thinking we are going to take events global – pregnant me (or the girl in our department who is also pregnant) on a plane to Kuala Lumpur?! No way! Wow… timing may be off, but Lisa ensured me that it’s not bad. Life happens. It is what it is.

Michael came over after I got off work. We talked a lot about everything. I am feeling much better about everything, although the reality of it all still fades in and out. I know I am pregnant, but it is still so weird to hear/say.

First day without a single cigarette. Operation "Quitting Cold Turkey" starts today!!! Much easier than I thought it would be, possibly because of the pregnancy-induced nausea!

No comments:

Post a Comment