Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16 - Daytrip to Wellborn

The weekend was another eventful one. It seems that even though I am limited on some of my activities, we are busier now than we were before I was pregnant! Saturday was a beautiful day and we had plans to go to Michael's Dad's uncle's 60th wedding anniversary in Wellborn, outside of College Station. It was probably a two hour drive, but it was such a pretty day to be out on the road. It gave us a lot of time to just talk and think out loud about everything. We discussed living arrangements, baby names, the pregnancy, marriage, jobs, and so much more! There's just something about an open mind on the open road...it was great!

We met up with his parents, niece and nephew at the venue where the celebration was. I met his aunt Peggy for the first time - she was sweet! We ate some hors d'oeuvres and had a piece of cake (of course)! While we were sitting there eating with his parents, Michael's mom was talking about the grandkids, Alex and Cameron. Michael suddenly says "Speaking of, how do you feel about another one?" I knew he was planning to tell his parents but in the middle of eating cake, it even caught me off guard. It took me a minute to look up from my cake, but when I did, his mom asked me "Are you pregnant?" I of course replied yes, and she gave me a big hug. I thought I was going to cry. Michael did too! She asked us about the due date and how I was feeling. She was so happy! She told John, Michael's Dad, that they were going to be Mamaw and Papaw again. He said "Oh is that right?" I have to say that he took the news much better than my Dad, but I think he also needed time for it to settle in.

Later we went to visit the grave site of Michael's Grandma and Grandpa, right outside the community center. His grandma's name was Myrtle, the same as Grandmere, before she changed it to Maxine. How ironic!? Then, we went over to the playground. We got on the see-saw and were swarmed with children! I thought that old piece of wood was going to split right in half with all that weight on there! Then we got on the swings, and then Michael got off his to push me. It was the sweetest thing. I felt like a little girl head-over-heels for a boy on the playground! Then, along comes a little girl and asks to be pushed, so Michael pushes her! My heart melted, and that little girl was hysterical. She said she was going so high that she was close to the stars and moon! We jokingly did the monkey bars, since they were too short, we just walked them! The weather couldn't have been prettier for a day out in the country!

On the playground with Alex and Cameron
(and our new friend who likes to swing)!

On the way home, we stopped by the farmer's market and got some fresh pineapple and a couple bottles of salad dressing - that sounded just amazing! We ran into Michael's dad's twin sister, Jane, and her husband, Bo. We had to pass up the pickled pig's feet and other random items they sold, but their fresh produce looked great!

We decided we would stop at Katy Mills mall to get a gift for Chelsea on the way back. That place was packed. We drove up and down the aisles trying to find parking, when Michael noticed a spot for "Mothers to be" and pulled right in. I said "I'm only 2 months pregnant, this isn't right." He said there is only a short window that we can take advantage of this, why not?! Although I had been holding my bladder since the farmer's market, so it was convenient to run right in and find the bathroom! :) We ended up doing a little shopping for us too! With President's Day on Monday, lots of stores had big sales going on...30-40% off every single item! Couldn't pass that up. I got a couple shirts and a dress that should surely fit with my growing belly. It's a good thing the longer layers and loose fit clothes are in style right now. I thought being pregnant over the summer would be dreadful, but I am thinking flip flops and cotton dresses sound great! It's got to be better than layering on a bunch of clothes to stay warm in the winter! I don't know...perhaps that's just me being positive. Last stop before leaving was Great American Cookie for a drink and something sweet!

We spent more time there than I had realized, so we decided to go straight to Baker Street Pub to meet up with friends for Chelsea's birthday. We waited for the rest of the party to show up for over an hour, before ordering our dinner. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy when I ordered a water. The music was really loud and I don't know if I noticed it more since I wasn't drinking, but I had a horrible headache. We decided to go home, when everyone was leaving to go to a different bar. I had a good time with everyone and I was glad to get out of the apartment and enjoy being around friends! Once again, it was close to 11, and I went straight to bed when we got home!

We had a great day - driving out in the country, finally telling Michael's parents the news, acting like kids on the playground with Michael, doing a little post-bday shopping and celebrating one of my bestie's birthdays! Busy day, but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment