Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20 - The news is spreading!

I got a call today from my insurance company's Maternity Program. She was the sweetest thing. We talked about an hour. She told me she would call me about once a month to check on me, and she gave me her direct number if I had any questions to call her. She was able to answer lots of questions, some that I didn't even know I had until we were talking. She was very easy to talk to. I took about three pages worth of notes, that I'll go over with Daddy tonight. Of course, she encouraged me to check with my OB on a couple items, but she gave advice based on her knowledge and experience.

I have a price comparison of the different prescription prenatal vitamins to look at and compare with how I like them. So the last thing left on that to-do list is to contact my Benefits Group to check on maternity leave, insurance changes, etc.

I told two of my other coworkers today, they work closely with me in my department and therefore, may be affected by the workload when I am out on maternity leave, not to mention one of them is also pregnant. She came over and said she was so glad to have someone to talk to about everything. She assured me that some of the symptoms really do get better and ease up after the first trimester...which is relieving, if the same goes for me! I told her I was sure she knew before I told her, since I had been asking so many questions about her pregnancy the past few weeks. She said she didn't but again was glad to be going through this with someone else. We looked at the dates and our time out will definitely overlap - with her due date as August 16 and mine September 14 - especially if she is late and I'm early or either of us take more extra PTO after maternity leave. It will be interesting at work, but she was excited about the news!

After telling Michael's parents last Saturday, his mom was bursting with joy and couldn't wait to tell David, Michael's brother...that very night! He was super excited for us, as well. She sent us the sweetest email saying she was still "all smiles about the news" but that she was facing a dilemma...trying to decide what she needed to buy first for the baby! How cute!!!

Tuesday morning she sent a message to her mother, three sisters, niece and nephew, telling them the news about "Baby Taylor"! They all replied with such sweet words: "Michael is going to be great father" and "I am happy for them"! There was even mention of a story of Michael, at age 12, picking up his baby cousin when she was crying. No one knew that he was the reason she stopped crying, until he walked around the corner holding his her.

I have to go by James Avery on the way home to pick up my ring, that has been getting resized for more than 6 weeks now. Then, home for dinner and early bedtime. Baked ziti is on the menu tonight...hopefully PB approves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment