Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8 - Jen is going to be an aunt!

Well, our company event was a huge success - everyone enjoyed it! So many ideas already flowing for next year. Needless to say, at the end of the day, I was exhausted. Not to mention, that I spent most of the event with Ashley, my coworker that is 12 weeks pregnant. As she was talking about her hormones, fatigue and nausea, I was agreeing with her completely - but trying to not make it obvious. She said she finds herself being mean to her husband for no reason and getting upset by the smallest things. I was thinking "Omigosh, ME too!" but instead said "It happens..." At one point, Ashley and I were both sitting on a bench in the shade talking about how tired we were and Lisa started to say something, but stopped. I knew she was about to slip, but she caught herself. Later she told me that she was about to say "Just wait until your 9 months pregnant!" She told me I need to hurry up and tell everyone already! :)

After work, my sister and I had plans to meet up. She came over to my apartment around 4. It was such a gorgeous day, so we went outside to sit on the patio to talk. We discussed her illness and new treatment that she had started, as well as other things going on in her life. Then, it was my turn to talk...

I told her I had been trying to get her to come over and hangout for a few weeks now, because sometimes there are things you just have to discuss in person. She looked concerned as to what I was going to tell her. I said "I wanted you to come over so I could tell you in person...that you're going to be an aunt!" She got teary-eyed and immediately stood up to hug me and exclaimed "Congratulations!" She then proceeded to tell me that she was worried about my news, thinking I may have cancer or was going to lose my job or something. So she was more than excited about the news that I revealed. I went on to tell her about the discovery of our pregnancy, telling mom and dad the news, our first ultrasound and my current symptoms. We then went inside and she went right up to Michael calling him "DADDY!" I showed her the ultrasound and she was ready to call her husband. So she put him on speaker phone and said I had something to say to him. It was pretty awkward, as he was probably wondering what was so important for me to say to him like this. I asked "When our baby is born, do you want to be called Uncle Mike or Uncle Mikey?" He said "WAIT, WHAT?!" I confirmed we were pregnant and he congratulated us on the news. Jen had somewhere to go, but just couldn't get out the door. She was gleaming with joy and was already planning my baby shower! She told me she hoped I had a little girl, so she could spoil her!

I was so relieved to have finally told Jen and Mike the news. I was so happy with her reaction too. She couldn't be happier for us!

Michael made dinner and we were in bed by 8:30. Oh, how our Friday nights have changed already...

No comments:

Post a Comment