Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17 - Shopping for PB

Michael made us omlettes for breakfast and we lounged around, knowing that we had another busy day. Mom, Dad, Jen and Mike were supposed to come over to the apartment at 1 for my family birthday celebration. Usually the family all goes out for a big meal, but I feel like that's all we have been doing lately - EATING! So I made other plans for this year's birthday...

We had hummus & pita chips, fruit salad and cookie cake for everyone to snack on. My parents discussed some important plans for Grandmere and her belongings. Then it was onto birthday stuff!!! Jen and Mike didn't know the new idea, so they were a bit surprised too. My dad gave each couple an envelope with money it, and the plan was for us all to go shopping...to buy something for the baby! Of course, you not limited to the amount in the envelope - you could always spend more! I had a short list of suggested items: a couple pregnancy books, belly band, waistband extender, thermometer, nail clippers, etc. Obviously at this point, we want gender neutral items, so clothes were not yet preferred.


Dad labeled our money envelope "The Taylors"!

First stop, Sam's Club. Michael and I found a baby journal that went with the theme of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book. We both said we loved that book when we were kids, so we decided we would get that, to document the baby steps along the way. I think I would also like a "nice" baby book as well, but for now, I think this one is good to write about our feelings leading up to the baby.


My dad found a "watering can" toy and was swinging it around the store, but decided we should wait on that since at first the baby will be too little to play with that outside. He ended up buying "Sophie the Giraffe", world's most famous baby teether with a matching stuffed animal. He was so cute shopping for PB!



Jen, Mike and my mom didn't find anything at this stop, but did manage to do some grocery shopping! Next stop Babies R Us. Mom got me Preggie Pop nausea drops (candies that help mommy feel better) and Burt's Bee's Mama Bee Belly Butter (for stretch marks).


We looked at baby monitor's but decided that since I want the video one, we would wait on that item. I also found a super comfortable glider with gliding ottoman...for $500! It reclined, had a high back for neck support, comes in 3 different finishes & 8 fabrics - seems pretty told of the line. I told Michael I wouldn't mind getting that now! :) On to Target, where Mom and Mike got me a temporal artery thermometer (the kind you can roll across one's forehead to get the body temperature).


They also got a double pack of pacifier clips, so when the pacifier drops from the baby's mouth, it doesn't go tumbling to the dirty floor! Genius. And it says "I love Daddy" - adorable!!!



Jen got me a thing for the dishwasher, you put the bottle nipples and baby spoons in it, as well as "grass" (a countertop drying rack for baby accessories).


Michael and I didn't get anything else besides the baby journal; I want to find a belly band and a couple pregnancy books. Checking Amazon.com today, unless Dad finds them cheaper at Half-Price Book Store!

After shopping, we went to the Yogurt Spot (another one of my great ideas)! I have been craving frozen yogurt for weeks now, and it was amazing! White Chocolate mixed with Cake Batter topped with granola, cookie dough and heath bar. PB enjoyed it, I'm sure of it! Only Jen, Mike and I got fro-yo...everyone else was hungry for a meal. After getting back to my apartment, Jen and Mike decided they were going bowling, so my parents, Michael and I decided to go to Luby's - it was fast and easy. No cooking or cleanup required! We hung out there for awhile just talking. It was great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment