Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22 - HORMONES!


Yesterday was a long and stressful day. Grandmere had been in the hospital for 4 days and was finally released. She was moved to a transitional care center, for at least 20 days, to help her with physical therapy. During lunch yesterday, I went to see her. While I was there, the doctor visited and then she was released. So I ended up taking the afternoon off to spend with the family, as it is a hard time for all of us...especially a pregnant woman with hormones!

On top of which, I have stress with work, household stuff, budgeting for the baby, etc. There are so many things "not-to-do" while you are pregnant, that sometimes it becomes overwhelming. It is so easy to focus on all of those foods that you CAN'T eat, beverages you CAN'T drink, hobbies you CAN'T do... It is comforting to let out my frustrations rather than keeping them bottled up. And yesterday, I think I had too many emotions contained and they all just let loose! I was confident Michael thought I was crazy, even though he assured me he didn't think that.

Today is a new day and while I still find frustration in feelings from yesterday, I know stressing is not going to help. All I can do now is talk about it openly with Michael, family and close friends.

Ashley, my prego coworker, and I talked for a bit today. It was very comforting to hear of someone else going through the exact same things and being to relate. She came and showed me her belly band, since her pants are now getting uncomfortably tight. I told her I ordered two - and they just arrived yesterday! Some of my pants get a little uncomfortable after eating a meal, but I can still wear everything buttoned as of now! We exchanged feelings and experiences, plus tips from our doctors, books and websites. It was insightful and relieving to share those thoughts with her and hear what she had to say too. We also discussed some work related events, considering the amount of physical labor we did before will not be possible this year, even more so in the fall. That just means we will need more help from the departments and projects, additional volunteers, etc...and maybe that extra help will continue on after we come back from maternity leave! :)

I have always been an independent person, as well as passionate and emotional. I think that over the next few months I need to work on accepting help from others more and not trying to "do it all"! My emotions are going to continue to come out, and while I might not be able to control them as much as I would like, they are still stemming from somewhere. So open communication and understanding is all I can ask from my loved ones! Believe me, I felt crazy yesterday...so if I'm being over-the-top, bear with it and just listen to me, even if I make no sense at all (wait and tell me that later)! lol

Probably helping pack up and move stuff out of Grandmere's apartment this weekend. Well, I'll be doing some picture taking (of items for sale) and unpacking drawers, since my abilities are limited due to pregnancy. Other than that, I am hoping, once again, to get our announcement photos taken. We are coming up to that 12 week mark quickly and I want to have those ready to go.

Stay tuned for the next chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment